Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is there a tire balanceing machine that simulates road conditions?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BobK, Nov 27, 2001.

1. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Is there a tire balanceing machine that simulates road conditions?I thought there was a post on this topic a while ago but had no luck with the "search".Something about the machine doing something else other than just spinning the wheel.Any-one remember this?

<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>

2. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Robb,you rock!That's the link I was looking for.Thanks

4. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Yup, Hunter GSP9700. I have located a few in my area, but noone wants to do it for me. I don't trust anyone who doesn't seem to know any more about their equipment than I do. Good luck to you.

5. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

Happy to help, Bob. It's the least I can do after you posted your cool electric fan installation. I used it as a jumping-off point for my dual-fan install. Sometimes you just need to see how someone else did something to ignite your own imagination.

Enjoy,

Robb
    '73 GMC Suburban - 502DFI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/robbrj>community.webshots.com/user/robbrj</a>

6. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Well got the tires done yesterday at a shop less than a mile from my house.The truck rides very well now!No vibration at all,at any speed.They didn't give me any numbers but did say one wheel was pretty out of balance and needed alot of weight on it.Thanks again Robb for posting the link...nice 502 DFI by the way!Is that a hydoboost M/C too?

7. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear it worked so well for you, Bob. Thanks for the nice words on the engine.[​IMG] I just bought the Speed-Pro DFI computer to work with the Accel manifold setup... Can't wait to turn the key, now.

Oh, and yes it is a HyrdroBoost system. I did the swap on this thing to go with the rear disc conversion. A friend did the same system on his K5 before and I really liked the results. Stops WAY better.

Robb
    '73 GMC Suburban - 502DFI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/robbrj>community.webshots.com/user/robbrj</a>