Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is there an easy way to...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ArrowheadK5, Nov 21, 2001.

1. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

get the top half off the fan shroud? Those staples are a b*tch and I can't seem to free them w/o breaking the plastic. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    --Thomas Jefferson

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm just curious why you want to take only the top half off.....??

<font color=blue> NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>

3. ArrowheadK5

I only need to get at the fan/water pump assy, it it better to take the whle thing off? Guess it didn't occur to me (long day at school, brain's a little slow)[​IMG]

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    --Thomas Jefferson

4. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Remove the four nuts that hold the fan on and pull it out. Then you can get the whole shroud out(two more bolts on the bottom). Then you can easily get to the water pump.

'85 K5 : Run it til it breaks, then fix it and go again!

5. Can Can

I figured that's what you were up to........Like Mr4x4 said, pulling the whole thing out is easy and gives you a lot more room[​IMG]!!!!!

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I've NEVER removed the fan shroud to replace a water pump. Hell, it never even occured to me. I'm on it next time it happens. I can hardly wait for mine to burn up.(Im not being a smart ass either, I'm being dead serious)

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim

7. ArrowheadK5

Problem is, the fan is already disconnected and loose. That's what the original problem was. I can't get it out without removing the shroud (at least the top half, which I thought would be easier). Maybe I'm missing something...?[​IMG]

--Thomas Jefferson

8. Can Can

On my 84, the fan just slid off the four bolts and I lifted it up and out. I *MAY* have had to tilt it a little, but I really don't remember having much difficulty.......