Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is There Any Difference Between a Blazer and a Bronco???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rigdonhome, May 27, 2003.

1. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

OK, First I have to say that even though I'm mostly a Chevy Guy, Broncos are Cool too. But there is a distinct difference between a Blazer and a Bronco.

If one more person calls my Blazer a 'Bronco', isn't there some law in place that allows me to use pyhsical violence justifiably against them? As it should be if I called someone's Bronco a 'Blazer'? I would expect a Left Hook if I did this.

Just wondering if this happens a lot to other people, or if it's just me. I haven't had a Full Size Blazer before and I'm surprised at how many people don't know the difference. I never had this problem with S10's or Camaros so I'm sort of caught off guard here.

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Cheers,
    Scott

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Two things - either just smile and be happy they recognized your rig, or come up with a witty line to use on them....

I'm a Chevy guy too, but I can appreciate the hard work and sweat that others put into their rides /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My co-worker calls it the "bronco" on purpose.

Violence should be permitted in the workplace..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

You have NO idea how many people come up to the Grand National and say "Cool Monte. That thing have a 350 in it?"
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Have not had the "Bronco" problem. Its weird because around here Blazers outnumber Broncos 10 to 1

5. RiceDaddy

RiceDaddy Registered Member

That would make me sick to my stomach. The Grand National is one of the greatest and unique muscle cars ever produced. A truly amazing car. 350 ci...... bah!

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

then you should say nope little V6 3.8 wanna run? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Blazerholic

Blazerholic Registered Member

Yeah, kinda makes you wanna slap some people!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I haven't seen any other 1st gens in my area, so when I'm out topless all I hear is "what year's yer jeep,bronco,...even international!!" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I even once had a guy who recognized it to be a chevy ask me why I cut up a classic pick-up like that! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I've actually owned a '78 and a '79 Bronco (please don't take away my membership!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) but then I saw the light(when I finally found a 1st gen I could afford!) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

How about this. I got a ticket for "J" parking (I wonder how many of you guys know what that is, I didn't at the time). On the make of vehicle on the ticket it says Bronco and the cop had to lean right over the Jimmy emblem on my fender to put it under my wiper blade. Go figure /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. rigdonhome

I had a Turbo Regal (Not the Grand Nat, but You Know, Same Deal...) and Man was that a Cool Car!!!

I have seen several of the Turbo Regals and Grand Nats that guys gutted and put 350's in. Took out all that High-Tech, Blown, Light-Weight, Fuel Efficient stuff to put in a Carb'd, Cast-Iron Monster that was slower, ate gas, and was dumb as a Gord. I love Small Block Chevies, but a Grand Nat is a work of Art not to be touched with wire cutters and a blow torch!!!

A MonteSS, on the Other Hand, was born to hold a big, dumb, 450hp 383. After being born with an emissions-choked 305-4bbl, it is no crime to yank, cut, and transplant that mill for ANYTHING else.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers,
    Scott

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I would have to smack anyone I met that did that to a GN or Turbo Regal. I know a kid who claims his uncle has a GMC Typhoon. He says he converted it to 4 speed, 350, and tubbed it out. I don't care what it runs in the 1/4 that means he took out the very unique factory turbo 4.3L V6, and converted it from AWD to 2wd. If i ever meet the man he deserves a few good belts. That would actually lower the value of the vehicle greatly in my book, a good Ty is worth over 10k, a good destroyed pro street ty, umm I wouldn't pay anywhere over say 3000 for that. The kid is a bull artist if i ever met one though so the fact that I have never seen said ty says a lot about it.

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well there is one big difference that should strick out to anyone with half a brian..and that would be the big emblem on the front grill! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Yep, there is a big difference in spelling:

Chevrolet Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ford Bronco /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would have to smack anyone I met that did that to a GN or Turbo Regal. I know a kid who claims his uncle has a GMC Typhoon. He says he converted it to 4 speed, 350, and tubbed it out. I don't care what it runs in the 1/4 that means he took out the very unique factory turbo 4.3L V6, and converted it from AWD to 2wd. If i ever meet the man he deserves a few good belts. That would actually lower the value of the vehicle greatly in my book, a good Ty is worth over 10k, a good destroyed pro street ty, umm I wouldn't pay anywhere over say 3000 for that. The kid is a bull artist if i ever met one though so the fact that I have never seen said ty says a lot about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

UGH, you guys are making me sick to my stomach /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Scott did you ever see the bright yellow GN with a BBC in it? At least put a Buick 455 in there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Anyways I guess the original poster needs a windshield decal like I had on my 88 K5, it was blue and white and said "CHEVY TRUCKS" with bow ties on either side.

14. rigdonhome

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know of another guy who actually did this. He still had the factory 4.3L turbo and 700R4 trans, but was running so much power that he was pulling the front wheels off the ground anyway, rendering the AWD useless... I know him only because I bought his AWD tcase, front shaft, front diff, and rear drive shaft off him to convert a 4x4 S10 to AWD with. At least this guy wasn't completely gutting a Ty... He was keeping it so he could put it back someday if he wanted to, but he didn't need the AWD stuff anymore. He sold it to me cheap, so I didn't argue with him... But I agree... Let's see, you want how much for that Ty that you gutted the AWD system out of??? Yeah, I'll call you, don't call me! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

15. Ruff_ryda_420

Ruff_ryda_420 Registered Member

i think i've heard of a guy doing that to a Syclone... STUPID! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

anyways, i've had the same problem, i've got a pal with a 82 bronco, and another guy that has an XJ always calls my S10 blazer a jeep... i ought to smack 'em all!

16. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Blazer= /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Oops, sorry about your Jeep... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Bronco= /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif It's gonna cost how much to fix that?

Jeep= /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Can someone put me back on my wheels?

Toyota= /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Too bad I've got IFS... eh...

17. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

i had the problem at work with my buddies calling it a bronco. i've finally gotten them to just call it a truck, or ugly SOB, or something like that. still got a couple that call it a j**p or bronco just to piss me off though.

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my neighbor has a typhoon... i really dont see anything special about it. Yeah, the 4.3L is nice and all, but its not like is a 426 hemi or anything.

j

19. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

oh well, it wouldn't be worth 10k to you but it still would be to me.

20. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Hey scott! Glad to see ya over here! You going to the bash on Saturday?