Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is there any difference? Need quick answer!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pvt. Maggot, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Pvt. Maggot

Pvt. Maggot 1/2 ton status

I recently had my holley 600 carb stolen off my blazer, I found one for really cheap but it was off a ford bronco, but it looks exactly the same...and I don't really see 4 barrell carbs for specific motors, just wondering if it was a possibility that they used the same bolt pattern and whatnot..If so that would be awsome, if not, oh well. Thanks alot guys!

2. 86haubs

86haubs 1/2 ton status

I believe it will fit your truck, but some things are different. I dont believe Furd has the TV (kickdown) cable hook-up. You will have to rig something up. Not hard, just not right. Not sure on any major differences.

3. bbck5on37s

bbck5on37s 1/2 ton status

They Should Be The Same

4. Pvt. Maggot

Pvt. Maggot 1/2 ton status

I thought so, actually it prob has the hookups for the kickdown but just doesn't use them, or maybe not, I could prob get it. theres another for a chevy for way more, without a choke, which I don't think would be a good idea, I just wanna get one for cheap so I can get my motor running again, damn theives.

5. 86haubs

86haubs 1/2 ton status

Not sure what make my Edelbrock is for, but the PO had to jimmy up my kickdown cable because it doesn't have the attachment. I was gonna take one off a quadrajunk but they are riveted to the throttle linkages, so it leads me to believe my carb is for a GM.

6. 90v1500

90v1500 Registered Member

Carbs are universal... the linkage isn't... ford and chevy linkage is different, but you can usally get the adapters you need for the linkage at your local parts store...

7. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If it is the factory holley ford carb then it will not bolt up as the bolt pattern is different. If it has an aftermarket manifold then it will work but you will have to fab linkage stuff.