Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is there any good writeup on body swaps??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CamaroZ85, Feb 27, 2003.

1. CamaroZ85

CamaroZ85 Registered Member

Im getting my K5 in a week or 2, not sure exactly how bad the body is rust wise. I know I have to weld in a brace for the tailgate hinges so there is at least somewhat of a rust issue. I can also get (supposedly...) a mint rust free K5 body for pretty cheap. What is involved in the body swap? Is there a good writeup of it? I'm guessing I have to remove the hood and fenders to get the body off. Then on to the interior...do I need to pull out the dash etc or will that all be attached to the body (thats a dumb question...Im guessing it is attached)?? I guess my only issue for the interior would be swapping over whatever the new body doesnt include. Then I pop off the cap to make it lighter and just unbolt the body and lift it off? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I've got some pics in my webshots (link in my sig) of a burb body swap, might not cover everything you need to know, but its a good start /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. chevblazk5

chevblazk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You're form Woodbridege, NJ? I work in Woodbridge and live in Sayreville. If you need any help with the swap let me know. I am always willing to help out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

I swapped my 78 body onto a 90 frame. I left most of the interior in and the top, doors and tailgate on. If ya got any questions regarding year differences bettween bodies and frames, or the best way to go about swapping bodies feel free to pm me.