Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is there anyone else interested.......

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by ChevyDrivnRdneck, Dec 30, 2002.

1. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

Is there anyone interested in doing a snow run????
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

just make it after my DMV hearing on Feb 17th and if i have my licence back by then (i should they told me 6 months and feb 15th is exactly 6 months from when i had my problem) and i would be more that willing to go!

3. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

HA! I was just talking to a buddy of mine a couple days ago about this very thing. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

I was thinking a few weeks after Frank Raines just in case someone needs to work on their stuff after the mud encounter......someone else come up with a timeframe that everybody could "do" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Hey Chazz, if we trailor your truck to the trail can you drive there?

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

we can but i can still get busted...i cant even drive in a OHV park because the general public is there...according to the DMV book that i have..any ranger or anybody can bust me for driving without a licence...so i really dont want to take the chance...i really want my licence back legaly..if i get caught it is suspeneded 6 months more...i think i would go crazy if that happened /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif i am damn neer there right now

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

By the way, if you guys want to go in the snow, why not join us at the winter fun fest on the 17th of Jan.
    I was there last year, it's really nice, and Kidjethro was telling everybody about it.
    I have not heard of anyone wanting to go, and here I see in the poll at leas 6 people want to.
    Do you expect some snow in San Jose or you just don't have time to prepare for Jan.
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Well I am going to this one, and I will go to any run you decide later.

8. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Isn't Winter Fun Fest like a five month waiting period?!??
    Over $85 per person per trail?
    And mostly JE*Ps?!??

That's my impression anyways, unless we make our OWN WFF!

9. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I concure on that one.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    1.85 Bux's ia a lot to most people... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    2.I feel that it is a mostly small wheelbase runs /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif...At least at trek it was /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif....There were a lot of runs for the jeeps and small WB rigs but outside of the SUV run to the country /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif there wasn't any other run then our 1 full size trail ride /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (which was fun anyway)..
    3.There is talk of getting a run to the snow in the forum just need to get the dates settled /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif ...LOL
    4.I know they have great food too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif... that was the good points. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.LOL

10. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well I don't know who missinformed you but:
    1- It's $65 per person if reserved before 12-15 $75 after that. And that covers all the meals and runs from friday afternoon till sunday afternoon.
    2- It's for all sizes, I was with my blazer last year, there was also a hummer a full size longbed extra cab chevy, a couple of full size bronco's and 4 dozen Jeep cherokee's, and a long bed w30 Dodge.
    3- The food is good that you got right.
    I am going, and I haven't reserved yet so I will be paying the extra $10 per person.
    If enough of us go we can have a nice group.
    One more thing, this is one of the major fund raisers for Cal4wheel, and if you don't know, they are already in the red big time and they could use all the support they can get, and I would rather get food and trail runs for my donation, so I try and go on all their events. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    If anyone decides to go please let me know so we can choose the same runs.
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

What are the dates?

I might be interested.

12. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Jan 17-19
    I might not be there on the 17th because some people comming with me can't make it on friday afternoon.
    They have night run on Friday and a dinner and some indoor games. Then Saturday they have a breakfast and then trail runs starting at 9 am.
    On sunday they have either a run in the snow or The river bottom games which I was told are real fun, but I went with a second snow run because it's more fun for me.

13. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Hmmm - I don't think I can be SNOW-Ready (both truck and camping gear) in two weeks. As this weekend is already shot for me.

14. 76k5Blazer

76k5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I need to get my motor problems straightened out before i can go on any runs

15. 1 FN HI K5

1 FN HI K5 1/2 ton status

Im going to need a place some what close to try out my rear steer. Or maybe it can be a trailer Queen for the first trip out. <font color="red"> 1 FN HI K5 </font color>

16. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

The River Bottom Games is what is held about 10 minutes from my house....And that is not a pay event. Open to the public to spectate...Not sure how to enter the games and stuff, but there is plenty to do down there........It's kinda like Hollister or Frank Raines but bigger. And no pesky Park Rangers to tell ya what ya can't do. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. BlazenHeart

BlazenHeart 1/2 ton status

I don't know where ya'll want to go, but one run that a number of Cal4WD rigs go on are up out of Cisco Grove which is off of 80. In one of the last In Gear's they talked about how after one of the snows the made the run to the top of Red Mountain (aka Signal Peak). It is about a 30+ min. drive in the summer time so you can make a good day run out of it.
    Just an idea. There area a number of areas that you can play around in.