Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is there anyone from the New York area?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mpascino, May 23, 2001.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I am always traveling between Long Island and The Capital area, I have never seen anyone with a CK5 sticker or what not. Kinda depressing.... I have been looking for new places to wheel and new people to wheel with. Is any one from either of these areas and is anyone plan on wheeling in the near future? I need to test out my new drivetrain!!!![​IMG]

You call that dirty!?

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I live in Gettysburg Pa, bablazer73 is near Albany, Boss and fr8train are near Baltimore, and there are a bunch more from the east coast area. Some of us will be getting togeather for a show in Carlile Pa next month, and there are plans in the works for a fullsize fun at Paragon in Hazelten Pa.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>

3. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

I'm not exactly in the capital area, but I do live in Buffalo, so if your ever over this way, I'm sure we could hang out. Just let me know.

Later,

Buddy

72 K-5, 33x12.5's, 350/350/205,12-bR,d44F soon to be 39.5'x15.5s, EFI502/nv4500/doubler205, d60F, d70R. Stay tuned.

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hey I'm on Long Island. Fighting my way past grocery haulin' Fud Exijunker's and Nissan Teen-Tonkas...
    Where do you wheel? The best places I've found around here were an abandoned beach in Mastic, and an AM radio transmitter site...
    It'd be great to hang out with someone on LI that's nuts about these trucks too...

Ratch
    **Hmmm. Land or Mall? Land or Mall? Let's see. Lotsa SUV's around here... Let's build a mall.**

5. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Hey, I'm from Ronkonkoma. There really aren't much places to wheel around here I guess. I got myself a beach permit so that keeps me amused. I've gone through most of the power line trails around here. A few J**pers that I know are supposed to be going wheeling next week at some place they tell me is """really bad and muddy"""". When I find out about it, I'll let ya know if your interested in going.
    Thanks,
    Mike

You call that dirty!?

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Definately interested! Where are power line trails? I'm in Huntington, but was just looking at houses in Ronk. (before we decided the prices are out of control here). My truck isn't ready for the real big stuff yet (still 95% stock, aside from lift and tires), but I'm into whatever I can get right now!

Email me at 4x4truck@usa.net.

Ratch
    **Hmmm. Land or Mall? Land or Mall? Let's see. Lotsa SUV's around here... Let's build a mall.**

7. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I'm about a hour NW of albany....Not too bad wheelin around here most of the time

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5 [image]http://www.geocities.com/cavalry444/bowtism.gif[/image]

8. nd_4_mud

nd_4_mud Registered Member

I live in new jersey. Like i said live in neww jersey. Not born and raised in New Jersey. But i live here at McGuire AFB. Let me know if you guy are going to do anything. I would love to join in. Thaks

9. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I live in NJ about 15 minutes from the GWB. No more trails left around here anymore, you gotta be a park ranger to do anything but walk or mountain bike on them.</font color=blue>

[image]http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_uploads/53-288682-mudpit3.jpg[/image]