Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is there anyone in the N. Idaho-Spokane Wa. area????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BiggerRigger, Dec 1, 2002.

1. BiggerRigger

BiggerRigger Registered Member

I was wondering if there was anyone in this area that would like to get together sometime and go wheeling or just b.s.or have a few or have a few and b.s..... there are alot of guys around with k-5s but most are not even sure how to check there own oil. and if you ask them to go wheeling they say no way I mite get stuck or break something(they are probably recovering furd owners)hehe. But really its getting pretty boring with out anyone to wheel with other than the jeepers(they ask me to go so I can break trail for them in the snow cause there rigs either float ontop or sink to the frame) so if you are around and would like to get together sometime give me a call.
    Aaron
    C.D.A. Idaho
    1-208-640-3436 cell

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Join the club. The serious wheelers I know are 50 miles to the north. Or 250 miles to the west. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'm here in Spokane, Wa. I know quite a few people that like to go wheelin...unfortunately most of them have rigs that are broke down right now.

There are a few local mud bogs during the summer months. "Devil's Ridge" holds a few near Deer Park, Wa. The "Lincoln 4-Wheelers" have several in small towns like Harrington, Sprague, and Odessa, Wa.

I dont know of much going on during the winter, although I was thinking of having some sort of snow thing up north in Ione, Wa. And most likely, like last year, on Memorial Day Weekend, I will try to hold another mud race up there, too.

4. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

Hey Alan, remember me? Andy Huska, talked to you about a 3/4ton frame a couple months ago. Funny I run in to you here.
    Anyway all, I live in Moscow Idaho, about 1.5 hours south of CdA, I'm from Post Falls so I visit up there a lot. I also don't know many folks that like to wheel full sizes, but I sometimes run wiht a club called the North Idaho Trail Blazers (www.nitb.org). Lots of Jeeps, but some K5s and a couple longbeds seem to play as well. They have a New Year's run coming up around the first which is always fun, but its not looking like we have much snow this year. I doubt I'll be running this one, I am taking advantage of the dry weather to take my 1-ton running gear and put in into my 1/2-ton becasue it has a better frame and just about everything else. I am trying to order some 38.5 TSL/SX with the free shipping that 4WPW has going on, but probably won't get here until after the 1st. I just bought a detroit for the 14 bolt and I have to finish setting the gears up, but I made the mistake of not marking my bearing nuts so I have to find a buddy that knows what he's doing with these : )

later,
    andy

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Oh, hey. I lost your number. I've had that frame piece for a while now, but I didnt have any way to get a hold of you. Sorry about that. Do you still need it or did you end up getting a different frame?

And for anyone in the Spokane area, I might try to see who wants to go out to the local ORV park (7-mile) next Saturday, the 7th. I was just out there for a couple hours today goofing off, climbing some hills and driving through mud puddles (w/ice). I'm gonna try to get a bunch of friends together to go there for a day before it snows.

6. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

No big deal, I just got a whole extra truck : )

7-mile is a fun place, never been there when there was mud though, interresting. I'll call my Jeep friends and see if they want to make an appearance, but I don't know any fullsize trucks that could play with us up there.

Does anyone know when setting up gears if a micrometer can be used or do I have to find a "lash checking" tool?

andy

7. BiggerRigger

Well I guess there are some wheelers around! Hey man I'am game for this run but I dont know how to get there(7-mile)can you give me a call and tell me when and where. I would sure like to get out before hell freezes over I meen C.D.A.
    Aaron

8. BiggerRigger

Hey Sandman I was down your way in May heading tward Powell for two weeks and on the way back I got the chance to meet some of your boys in black! They were pissed when I took the hill coming into town at 82mph pulling a boat with a blazer:) The cop told me that "those" S.U.V.s have a bad case of roll overs and that I should never run that fast even when I was not pulling a boat. And I made him even madder when I told him that his furd was one of "those" S.U.V.s and that I drive a Chevy a real rig:) I got off the hook when he had a call of a hit & run and had to go but before he left he told me that he better "NEVER" see me around there again or I would git it. Are all the cops that friendly down south?

9. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I know what hill your talking about. The deal there is the speed limit changes to 65 at the bottom of the hill but everybody stomps the gas so they can cruise up it. The cops either sit at the bottom or right over the top. So it sounds like you got off on a good ticket. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif