Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is there enough room for a divorced 205?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TNS10HYBRID, May 8, 2003.

1. TNS10HYBRID

TNS10HYBRID Registered Member

Im building a truck w/ 110" wheel base and I have a divorced NP205 I'd like to use, and I'd like some opinions on installing. I just saw a truck in a mag that had a div. T-case and short wheelbase and I am concerned about driveshaft angles. 454, SM 465, div. 205, approx. 6" susp. lift. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

YOu should have. A buddy of mine is building a Ram Charger with a divorced case and 6" lift. Do some measuring to figure out a good spot to put it. I have mine in the center of the truck so I can run the same shafts front and rear, only need one spare this way.

3. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

I have a th400 + np208 with slipyoke and a 10" driveshaft infront of the divorced 205 and I still have a 33" rear driveshaft with 133" wheelbase. There is very little lift, maybe 3" and the 205 is pointing down to the 14bolt so the driveshaft angles are not a problem for me. There are some pics in my gallery.