Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is there still a caravan plan for PNW!!!

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by chevyfumes, Aug 1, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'm not sure if Rene' was in or out at this point and he was supposed to head this thing up from Canada. lets get something official goin here.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was going to take over for Rene', but at current I may not be able to make it either. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Having to rebuild my engine and being off work have left me broke. I am hoping to get some overtime, but it may come to late. So I am in the maybe catagory, someone else will need to lead. Sorry guys. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

anyone,,,,, chime in NOW!!!!!!

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Weather the K5 is done or not I'm going. I need a trailer and some other stuff. But I'm working hard to get the Blazer done. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I signed up and will be attending....Officially /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i'm still goin' (fingers crossed)... but I have never driven out that way... and I suck at on-road nav. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I dunno tho, AFAIK if heavymetal doesnt make it, that leaves just 2 peeps from the portland/vancouver metro that are going. could end up being a smaaaaall caravan. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

J

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

To be all official and all I am definitely not able to make Moab...it's a long sad story so just trust me when I say it was out of my hands. I didn't choose to be unable to attend.../forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Jason, it's a farily straight forward drive for you guys. Cross the bridge to Portland and head towards the Dalles on I-84 I think. Carry on through Oregon and into Idaho well past Boise. Just after the Twin Falls area the highway splits. The I-84 continues south east and the I-86 continues east to Pocatello. Anyways, stay on the I-84, it joins and becomes the I-15 south in Trementon Utah. At milemarker 188 on I-15 south you should be able to get on the 50 and cut across to the I-70... once you're on the I-70 it should be cake. If some half blind Canadian old fart can navigate across the US with almost no sleep and all I'm sure you guys will have no trouble at all! Have fun down there...I'll be living vicariously through you all!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Rene

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

totally sucks u aint gonna make it rene! that woulda been cool if u had. I'd say "see ya at BB03!" but its HIGHLY likely that I wont be able to make that one... I'll be out of school then and (knock on wood) working... doubt I'll be able to take time off for that kinda thing... let alone be able to afford it then. Heck, I'd be very surprised if I made it back to moab any time in the next 5 years... so for me, this is IT! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Anyway, knowing that, I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Thanks much for the directions... I see they take me right by where the guy who has my spare tire (he's in idaho). good deal. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

J