Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is there such a thing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jamber2541, Dec 8, 2006.

1. jamber2541

jamber2541 1/2 ton status

Is there such a thing as a vacuum leak inside the cab affecting the way the engine is running. My friend swears that he can hear a vacuum leak inside his cab and says his engine has ran like crap ever since it started ??

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I can't recall the routing, but there is a vacuum line on the brake switch, on cruise control equipped trucks.

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Yes, it's possible. All the heater controls as well as the diverter doors on an AC-equipped truck are vacuum-operated.

4. NJBLZ

NJBLZ 1/2 ton status

my trucks have heat only, which is controled by cables, but trucks with air conditioning have vacuum hoses and cables running out of the back of the control unit.

on ac trucks the hot-cold setting is cable operated

when you use the off-max-norm-bi lev-vent-heater-def it sends a vacuum signal through little colored plastic vacuum lines.

they all tee off from a regular black vacuum line from the engine, but i dont know exactly were it is. you can plug that one and see if it changes anything. i had a 78 monte carlo that they dry rotted and desintegrated on.

5. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

also if it has a power brake booster it could be leaking at the firewall inside the truck.To test this all you have to do is pinch the 3/8 hose to the booster. mike

6. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

If its loud enough to hear easily and make that much differance in how the vehicle runs, it probably is the booster.