Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is this a 203 shift linkage problem?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudstud, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Last weekend I was wheelin in Summertown when I noticed the truck had a little click click click feel to it. I felt the t-case shifter and I could really feel it then. It feels like the gears aren't engaged all the way though the shifter stays in the right spot. This only happens in hi lock and low lock. We were hitting some very twisted trails prior to this. Do you think the linkage just needs some adjusting? I' m gonna crawl under there this weekend and check it all out but would like some advice on what to look for/how to fix. Thanks

I have all ready checked ujoints and, they seem fine.

2. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure, but mine makes a click click click noise also. I wouldn't think it would be the linkage's fault. When the loc dosn't engage all the way, it makes a BIG crunch sound! or atleast what it did to me. Do you have a part time kit? Do you know if it enguaging or not?

3. angelglo

angelglo 1/2 ton status

i had the same problem abomut 2 years ago when i was wheeling in hunter liget here in ca. while i was trying to climb a steep hill, all my tires seem to turn but i can hear a click, click, click. i know i was getting power to both fron an rear because it was slipping in the mud going up hill. i went home and removed the inspection cover on the drivers side of the xfer case and found pieces of gears in there. you might want to do the same but before you remove the cover, say 10 hail mary's and 1 our father and maybe you wont find any.