Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is this a Detroit Locker? (**Link to pics**)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5thatShmobs, Nov 8, 2002.

1. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

Ive never even laid eyes on a Detroit locker before, and I just bought this 14b ff from a guy in Wisconsin---He said it has a Detroit locker in it. Is this a Detroit?

Click here for pictures

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

While that is the factory GM carrier, the DL will sit inside of those carrier halves.

Its hard to see from the angles of the pics thru those little holes in the carrier.

Try to take another set of pics, but of the little holes in the carrier where you can see inside of them. If there is a DL, you should be able to see some spiral shaped springs.

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

from the pics it looks like it could be.if you look inside the side openings it does look like one.i dont see any spider gears.lucky you. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sure looks like a detroit to me. If you look into the holes you can see part of the spiral springs on both sides. Good find and buy, depending on what you paid for it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif