Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is this a good deal???(ebay)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2005z71chevy, Nov 17, 2005.

1. 2005z71chevy

2005z71chevy Registered Member

hey i found this set of axles on ebay the place where they are located is about 20 minutes away.i was woundering if the buy it now was a good deal or not?i hav an 89 jimmy with a 4 inch lift and 33s ect. how much is involved in swapping the half ton axles with the 1 ton axles can u use the same drive shafts, spring pearches,steering TREs??? any input would be great. i did a search on what was involved but i got lost sorry, thanks a lot nick

2. 2005z71chevy

2005z71chevy Registered Member

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

ebay link? :doah:

Rene

5. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Sorry, I was too slow i guess

6. redwood

redwood Registered Member

Stay away from the dually front 60 unless you get the matching width rear to go with. Youre going to have to run hummer rims or something with a similar negative offset just to keep everything kind of under the truck. If you swap the knuckles out for some single wheel ones youre going to be spending more than you saved on buying the dually front. If youre willing to spend a grand on just a front axle that is going to need a bunch of work,look around and save up a bit more money and buy a matched set off of a single weel or you could buy a complete 1 ton truck to rape for parts. If you get one with a big block and some decent stuff on it you could recoup a bit of the investment parting it out.