Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is This A Good Deal?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Ok.. my dh is looking at a truck for parts. Do you think it is worth $1500 (that is the asking price)?

74-80 model year 3/4 ton frame 133" wheel base, 4" suspension lift,
    396BB with less than 15,000 miles on it with extras, no carb or distributor, TH400 tranny with less than 15,000 miles, 203 transfer case, 14 bolt FF axle, D44 front
    Rolling chassis (no body)

Thanks for your input!

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

hmm kinda spendy for a parts truck, the purpose of a parts truck is to get a lot [censored] for a good deal, try to talk him down, and what do you need off the truck? can you sell the [censored] you dont need?

3. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Those axles and motor sound like they are worth it to me, and if the tranny and T-case are in good condition, it sounds even better. Around here there are very few 396's left. Just sell off any sheetmetal and the frame and you are good to go. Even a strip yard would give you a couple hundred bucks for the reamains.

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

where is it?if you dont go for it i will.haha.actually if i had the cash and i could find that setup with as low milage as it has i would definitely go for it.all that stuff is basically brand new.the 396 is worth a few hundred as a core to rebuild if its that complete.with evereything else you would have an awesome setup to throw under any truck.