Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is this a good deal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dkodyssey, May 8, 2003.

1. dkodyssey

dkodyssey Registered Member

www.telcotechs.net/chevy.htm she said she will take $2000.its a body lift,not a suspention lift like it says.she said the frame is in good condition.i just want some input.oh and its a little confusing but there 138k on the whole truck not on just the rebuild like it makes it seem.

2. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

$2000 isn't the greatest deal in the world, but it's not too bad. Make sure you know what you're getting into with that rust on the passenger side.

3. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

One other thing...

Check out what they did with the fan and shroud. Did they make custom brackets to drop the shroud? Remove the bottom half of the shroud? Custom fab a new shroud? Remove shroud and fan and replace with electric?

Just a thought....

4. dkodyssey

dkodyssey Registered Member

thank you,does anyone else have any input?

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The rockers are completely hashed on both sides and it'll need at least one door. Count on floor and cab support repairs as well. If you like the rest of the truck pull up the carpet or whatever is on the floor and have a better look...then make your offer according to what you see.

By the time rust is visible on the outside it has run rampant for quite a while...it's probably worse than it looks. All the rest is just nuts and bolts...

Rene

6. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

1500 would be a better deal you gonna still have to do some body work it looks minor from the pix just remeber she took pix of the pretty side

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

whenever there is visible rust, there is alot more you can't see...i would not buy anything from the snowy northeast! Check under the carpet and I'm sure you'll see what I mean