Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is this a good price for a d60 front?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by unicknn, Jan 16, 2003.

1. unicknn

unicknn 1/2 ton status

I put out a search on a few junkyard web pages for a d60 front and this was sent to me.

"I have a rebuilt Dana 60 front axle with 4.56 gears and all new single wheel ends for $1900.00 complete. Please call me at the toll-free number listed below if I can help you further. Thanks"

To me that seems a little much but what do yall think?

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thats a good price... if lubricatoin is included and you can cuddle afterwards.

3. unicknn

unicknn 1/2 ton status

haha thats kindof what i figured. I looked on ebay and found some nice rebuilt ones for like 800. thatx for the reply though

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Woof! I think you should be able to beat that! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

At least it's better than Boyce and Dynatrac! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well if it's truely "rebuilt" with new seals, any bad bearings replaced, complete with brake calipers, new rotors, pads and new tierod....It's not a bad price. Average price for a "rebuildable" D60 is about $1100-1200. New seals and the works would easlily add $500 on the average Rebuildable. You can find better deals if your paitent but if you wanted one now and can confirm that is rebuilt then it's a fair price.

7. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif almost blasted the boss's puter with mountain dew with that one..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Stomper /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Well, I paid $800 for my D60 from a junkyard, then add the following (all prices rounded to the nearest $10);

Ring and pinion with install kit $300
    Track lok to replace the open dif $200
    Bearings and seals $100 or so....
    Labor for ring and pinion install with new kingpin bushings, seals, lower bearing and seal, springs, grease zerks, and sandblasting price $550

So you can easily put close to a thousand dollars into a trashed axle.

9. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

If it is completely rebuilt, tell him to buy you a detroit to go with it, then id be all over it. My buddy is buying one next wednesday for $900 and his old trashed d44. Not a great deal, but i guess its average.

10. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Makes me fell better bout 1400$ for my 79 HiPin 60.Only had to replace one rotor,1 axle joint and new seals.BEST!!! thing so far done to 88 GM was dumping the IFS.Now I want a doubler kit next. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer on 38s /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

I will be picking up a Dana 60 and a 14 bolt with Detroit locker and 4.56 gears this afternoon from a guy who deals in military surplus parts and vehicles. Both axle housings are complete and came out of running vehicles. I will be paying $1600 for the set. As of two weeks ago, he had two other Dana 60s and multiple 14 bolt, Detroit locked rear ends for sale as well. I will find out this afternoon if he still has the other Dana 60s and if they are still for sale.

12. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

is that guy from ventura? Got his number?