Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is This a Good Price???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 3 on the tree, Oct 25, 2005.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

The local Ford/Chrysler dealer has a 78 Jimmy sitting in the back row. The price tag is $2500. The odo shows 67K. There is no doubt in my mind that the mileage is corect. So, I drove it. It needs a tune up or carb rebuild or both. No locking hubs, so I assume 203 TC. Auto w/350 4 barrel. No rust visible anywhere, not even bubbles. The paint is cracking in a few spots, and the top needs paint bad. Oh, yeah, its been hit in the tailgate, the back glass is sagging down on one side. Long opt list, cruise, tilt, towing package, locking diff. I'm trying to talk the wife into letting me buy it and re-sell for a small profit. I really don't need two Blazers, but this one seems too good to pass up. If anyone is interested, I can get the contact info for them. When I fired this thing up, NO blue smoke or bad noise, and it was a dead cold start.

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I'd try to talk him down on the price. As is I'd think 1500.00 was fair but I'm a cheapskate. :D

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah, I agree $2500 is a little high, especially if you are trying to resell it for a profit.