Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is this a good sandblaster?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tp85, Apr 17, 2003.

1. tp85

tp85 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i don't know anything about sand blasters. this one is on-sale at harborfreight for $75.
    [​IMG]
    blaster

it seems some are pressurized and some are gravity feed (maybe vacuum?). which type is better? are all the nozzles/guns the same with interchangeable parts?

any advice?

2. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

I've got one just like it, but I've had it 2 years and never tried it. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I bought it for helping to restore antique gas pumps, and I just haven't restored one since then.(I plan on doing one this summer though)

3. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

I've got one just like it. It's ok for the money. I blew up - as in exploded - the water trap and I was only at about 50 psi I think. I used my own water trap and it woked fine. The spray hose is also not real durable for extended use, but holds up fine for occassional use. Mine cracked in several places, but I just duct taped it back together and it is still working fine.

For the money it's hard to go wrong in my opinion. This blaster works WAY better than the cheap gravity or siphon feed guns.

Ryan