Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is this a workable install? Good deal?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by firefighter184, Jun 28, 2005.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Having trouble with my current motor, long story. I have an 89 Blazer, Chebby 350 TBI. Is this a direct bolt in, no problems?

"throttle body 350 out of a 1994 chevy silverado 2500. the vehicle was involved in a roll over. engine pulled out with 72,000 miles. it is complete throttle body to oil pan and has all the accessories attatched. I never heard it run. i lost intrest in my project car to start a new project. wiring harness is cut up.

$550.00 OBO
    ****i also have a good wiring harness for $100.00"

Input? Suggestions?

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Price seems fair, but you can probably talk them down. Pretty much bolt in if you keep your current TBI, wiring and sensors. But I would want to pull the oil pan, valve covers and intake at a minimum before putting a penny down on the motor. You want to see a good clean motor if it actually has that mileage on it. No crud build up (shows poor maintenence or higher mileage than stated).

3. firefighter184

I'm also thinking that since my summer is quickly wasting away, maybe I should give up on this season and start building. Pick up a donor block and aim to have it built by next spring. Then I can also aim for the 3/4 ton swap at the same time. If this guy hadnt screwed me out of a grand and a motor, this would all be a moot point. He was supposed to be my friend! Told me the machine shop was charging $400 to bore it 30 over, balance it. We picked out a kit from Summit for the rebuild, gave him the cash (another $450) and he said he'd order it on his credit card. Plus a new crankshaft. Now I cant get ahold of him, cant find him OR my motor. RRRRRRR. Somebody is trying to get killed. :mad:

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Unfortunatley, getting ripped off by a friend always hurts worse than from a total stranger. You will never see it coming as easily. Was the friend local or live out where the motor was supposed to be built?

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Eegad.

Either he wants you to hurt him or he's gone down South to me-hico. Not a very good friend after all.

John, when your ready for help call me. You got the number on the list you and Mark compiled. Just give me a week lead time if possible.

6. firefighter184

Thanks James. Still retaining a shadow of hope that I can get this worked out, but if not, I'll probably give up on this season and start building. Do the axle swap, get my sliders on, clean it up and build a motor. Not necessarily in that order.

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Didja get the email that I sent you? If you want a builder, just come and get it. :cool1:

8. firefighter184

I meant to call ya Harry. I'm moving this weekend, so if I am able to come pick that stuff up, it would have to be during the week, during the day. I'll call ya.

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Sounds good! We're also moving soon and I'm home during the week until we get moved. So come on down. :cool1: