Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is this CB any good? Uniden PC78LTW

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by '73 K5, Oct 1, 2002.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I'm new to the whole CB scene and need some help. I've been into wheeling for a long time and installed car stereos professionaly for a year and a half, but I've never done anything with CB's.
    I'm going on an offroading trip in 2.5 weeks and need a good CB/antenna. So is that Uniden one good? What kind of antenna should I get? I don't need anything too exotic...just something good quality for an occasional user. Thanks.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you're just going to use it for the trail, Uniden should be fine. I run radio's with more then the standard 40 channels, but if you're not into them big time, the Uniden will work for you. Antenna, Sence you'll be on the trails, I'm assuming you don't want a long whip antenna becouse they tend to wack everything and anybody close. I would recomend a K40 for you. The K40 is one of the better antenna's on the market.

3. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

I have the PC78XL .. basically the same radio but without weather. I have been very happy with it. I am running a radio shack mag mount antenna (on the roof when on the road, on the hood when on the trail). Gets good reception and seems to get out just fine when i need it to.

As a side note - Where ya going wheeling at in a couple weeks??

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Disney, OK. Brett talked me into it.

5. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

good deal .. unless something goes terribly wrong I will be there .. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif