Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is this hard to replace

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by mud hungry, Jun 10, 2005.

1. mud hungry

mud hungry 1/2 ton status

How hard is this part to replace? I have to replace both of them. Also where should I go for this and just about every other panel on the truck?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  2. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Well... I wouldn't want to hear it, but LMC Truck has all the parts you need... they are not too expensive, but are just the skins... you would need to cut the current skins off, then weld the new ones on...

Seriously, you are probably better off doing a whole body swap than trying to replace quarter panels on a Blazer... If you had circled the doors, I would be all for you doing the work and gettin'er done... but not for the amount of work involved in quarter panels...

I considered buying one of each panel that LMC has available for when I go wheeling, then realized how much would be involved if I actually decided to replace a single panel... Now I think I'll just keep a pair of rocker panels and possibly door skins on hand.

Oh yeah, one more thing... DAYUM those tires are tiny... :cool1: :cool1:

3. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

what are you talking about?

1/4s are that hard to remove or install?

alot easier then it would be to swap a body.

4. senatorwoodhouse

senatorwoodhouse 1/2 ton status

Lmc has most any part you need, also try sherman or even jc whitney, though jc's website is extremely difficult to understand and you get bizzaire responses for searches. Yeah I'm not that smart but I would say cutting out and welding in new skins would be a LOT easier than a body swap. Oh yeah also you can just buy parts of the skins rather than buying the whole unit. That is one of the projects im working on myself.

5. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

some skins you can just apply over the old body panel not the best but it works if done right

6. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

quarters are not hard to do,have done lots of them.you dont want to apply them over a old panel, it will cause rust a lot sooner than if you removed it.mostly it takes time and being real careful on your measurements when cutting the old one off and before wleding the new one on.