Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is this how it begins???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Buckeye, Aug 25, 2001.

1. K5Buckeye

K5Buckeye Registered Member

Well, finally figured out my header gasket dilemma. Anyways, since I had my 72 on the rack (my buddy owns a garage and had some down time) I finally decided to put on my front sway bar that I've had for almost a year. That's when I noticed that the shackle and spring bushings were worn, as expected after almost 30 years. What to do? Replace them... right? But hey, instead of just the bushings, no better time than the present to put a lift!! So I ordered a Rough Country 4 inch lift (popular choice among the natives), springs all around. Now, can't have a 4 inch lift with 32's. That would be ludicrous. So I bought some 35's. But let's do it right. How about some new wheels to go along!! Well, thought I was done. But now with the lift, the exhaust note needs a new tune (so I reasoned) and I replaced my Hooker Aero Chambers with a set of 50 series Flowmasters.
    Damn, and all this stemmed from the purchase of a set of $15.00 header gaskets. It's a sickness. Hmmm, maybe this is a good time to add a stereo?????
    BTW, my pal's father was a bit peeved that my rig took up his rack for a week. He's just sore cause he drives F@#ds.

1972 K5
    1991 Jimmy

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

LOL...

yea guess what, welcome to the addiction!!

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff</a>

3. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Yup. You got the "fever". Ain't no stoppin' now!

behemoth K5
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool -
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Very expensive header gaskets. LOL. Must have been a real PITA that it took a week to install them.[​IMG]

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

5. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Yea thats how it happens. Soon you will it isnt big enough so you will want to go to 6 iches and so forth. You have caught the fever. Just be happy its just with trucks. Ihave the fever with trucks and drag racing. I will tell you they are two of the most expensive hobbies. :)

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs locked front.Other cars 69 Firebird w/525 hp,and 70 GTO <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>MY vehicles</a>

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

This sound like the time I changed the plugs on my '66 Chevelle. In the end I put on new heads, Holly carb, Elderbrock intake, cam-so then reasoned I needed lifters, pushrods and timing chain-well the oil pan had to come off for that so put in a new oil pump and harmonic balancer. Put it back together and decided I should put on new plug wires-if buying new wires I might as well buy the ones for HEI and put that in, too. All for a set of plugs.

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Tread Lightly!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>

7. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I need new back tires= 4 inch lift, 35's with all new wheels, paint job.......

8. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Hey Buckeye, 3 things. 1. Do you still have your 32's? I'd like to get a used set for my 72, until the "ressurection" is done, then I'll spring 4 new ones?

2. What part of OH are you from? The company I work for is based there.

3. Could you fill out the rest of your profile (e-mail, etc.)
    Thanks!
    Pete.
    madbishop@msn.com

"High compression engines take longer to start!"

9. K5Buckeye

Ressurection,
    1.) Sorry, but I'm gonna put the 32's on my 91 and see how it looks. I'll let you know when I get around to it.
    2.) I live in Columbus.
    3.) No problem ;-)

1972 K5
    1991 Jimmy

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Hey everybody! K5Buckeye's got K5 fever! Ain't it COOL!?!?! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

11. I just bought my '86 k5 on July 5th, have had it out six weekends in a row. Would have been seven but I had to put new tires on it first. This addiction is worse than crack! lol! Next is headers and a cam! The engine was a fresh (14000 miles) when i bought it, or I would be putting a whole new one in. I thank God that my wife is having as much fun as I am.

God has a hard on for Marines, because we keep Heaven chock full of fresh souls!

12. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

my trucks mods are slow coming so i took the wife out and scared her to death.....guess what? more mods to help reduce the pucker factor due to her having to change her underwear, which by the way are up on ebay right now! any bidders? LOL

13. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you have been bit by the K5 bug! Didn't those axles kinda small when you were under there too??? [​IMG]

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s
    <a target="_blank" href=http://24.10.209.54/bigolk5.htm>http://24.10.209.54/bigolk5.htm</a> [​IMG]

14. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

welcome to the club! glad to see a new member, get ready cuz now it never stops[​IMG]!

Chris

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM![​IMG]

15. K5Buckeye

I was satisfied with the stock look of the rig. It did fine with the mild wheeling that I've done. But I think the fact that I check this board a couple times a day and usually end it by skimming the member's ride section...well.... I got brainwashed, what can I say.

1972 K5
    1991 Jimmy