Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is this mail order parts company any good?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by v-3500, Apr 16, 2004.

1. v-3500

v-3500 Registered Member

Has anybody purchased any products from this company before? Are they any good about shipping orders on time and correctly?

http://www.central4wd.com/default.asp?id=2

I am thinking of buying some Rancho dual shock stabilizers and bracket from them because the Rancho company recommends dual shock stabalizers for any truck running 35" or bigger, and I am running 35" tires.

Also, my 1 ton truck already has a steering stabilizer bracket on the Dana 60 diff. Is this going to interfere with the rancho stabilizer brackets?

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: Is this company any good?

You got Death wobble? If you need more then one stabalizer then you got something else wrong and it's not really fixing the problem to keep adding stabalizers. Search "Death Wobble".

3. v-3500

v-3500 Registered Member

Testing...1..2.3

4. v-3500

v-3500 Registered Member

Let me tell you how it will be
    There's one for you, nineteen for me

Should five percent appear too small
    Be thankful I don't take it all

If you drive a car-car I'll tax the street
    If you try to sit-sit I'll tax your seat
    If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
    If you take a walk I'll tax your feet
    Tax man

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. tucsonkfive

tucsonkfive 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

riiiiight... I'll be leaving a nice stinky fart in this post because something obviously crawled up into it and died /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

10. v-3500

v-3500 Registered Member

Thanks for the help...NOT! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was help there. If you aren't experiencing the "death wobble", which is very unstable steering at high speed you do not need dual stabilizers. And if you are experiencing death wobble putting dual stabilizers on is like putting a band aid on a broken bone sticking out the skin. It stops the bleeding but doesn't fix the problem.

As for that particular parts site I can't help ya, never shopped there.

12. TruckNutzDude

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm sorry for not being more helpfull to you. No I have never used that mail order parts source, yes you need to rebuild your Dana 60 front if you need 2 steering stabilizers to cure the death wobble. Yes I'm a smarty pants and yes I did fart while reading your post. I figured you could use a good bump TTT anyways and maybe somebody else could be more insitefull than I...

13. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. TruckNutzDude

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm sorry for not being more helpfull to you. No I have never used that mail order parts source, yes you need to rebuild your Dana 60 front if you need 2 steering stabilizers to cure the death wobble. Yes I'm a smarty pants and yes I did fart while reading your post. I figured you could use a good bump TTT anyways and maybe somebody else could be more insitefull than I...

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I wasted my 1,000'th post saying that!!! Darnit, a bluebie got my cherry /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

15. v-3500

v-3500 Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Holy crap... I wasted my 1,000'th post saying that!!! Darnit, a bluebie

[/ QUOTE ]

Too Funny.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Who said I was trying to cure the "Wobble of Death" with steering stabilizers? If you read the thread carefully...it was not I. I am going to rebuild my front suspension completely, and steering stabilizers is just one piece of the puzzle. The main technical question I had was:

The Dana 60 straight axle on the front of my 1-ton came from the factory with a steering stabilizer shock and mount, which is welded to the front axle. Will the factory stabilizer shock mount, welded to the front axle, interfere with the dual stabilizer shock mount from Rancho? /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

16. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I think Grim just wanted to make sure you werent trying to cure a possible problem with the dual stabilizers. Simply letting you know that it will only cover up the problem, and not fix it.

While it didnt say anwhere in your post that you had death wobble, he was simply trying to save you the hassle of adding parts that wont cure your problem. That is why he asked "do you have death wobble?" Basically, dual stabilizers arent necessary if everything is in good working order.
    You could have simply replied with "no I dont have death wobble, I just want them for looks" and it would have saved all the hassle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You could have simply replied with "no I dont have death wobble, I just want them for looks" and it would have saved all the hassle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course then we might harrass you about wasting money on looks instead of function /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

18. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh and by the way, I had dual stabilizers on my blazer when I got it and the factory mount was still there,but that was on a 10bolt /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

19. v-3500

v-3500 Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Communication break down.

It's always the same.

Having a nervous break down.

Drive me insannnnnnnnne. Led Zeppelin (circa) 1969

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, actually I do have the "Death Wobble", but I am blaming dead, worn out O.E.M kingpin spring and bushings, O.E.M steering arms, and an original O.E.M steering stabilizer, which probably died several years before I purchased the truck, for that.

20. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you're going to get dual steering stabilizers get the pink shock boots too.

There's no reason to run dual steering stabilizers. They only cost you ground clearance.

A good, stock replacement stabilizer made by Gabriel or Monroe that costs a whopping $35 will suffice. This way you won't cry as hard when you dent the body on a stump or rock.