Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is this one legal???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I have a question about clear corner lights (particularly for our Wyoming cop friend, MOABDAD)...

I ripped apart my light thing on my Explorer because I'm expecting my clear corners to be in within the next hour and a half... But it seems that the bulbs put out white light, and I'm not sure if I have enough to get colored bulbs... Do y'all think it'd be alright to leave the white lights in, at least till the first, or should I hold off on installing the clear corners??

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

better wait, or atleast paint the bulbs.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> It's definately illegal. In fact, clear corners, even with red lights, are illegal. The DOT regulations for taillights specify tinted lenses, and don't even mention bulbs other than the amount of light output. </font color>

4. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

The reason the len's have to be tinted is becouse if a car pulls up behind with the headlights on then the reflection will be red. If it was just a red bulb then this would'nt happen.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm not talking about the rear lights, just the front ones... Not even touching the rear... I'll just risk the front until I get paid...

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Guess it doesn't matter either way... I ordered clear corner lights thinking I'd get the clear reflector things AND the clear light-up parts... but I guess I was wrong.. just got the reflectors, so I still have the ugly yellow lights...

7. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Here you go Carl....read it and tell me what the LAW says.........The Law

8. MOABDADC22

HINT&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;..........31-5-928(b) /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    He's talking the front of the Vehicle not the Back. I dont know Wyoming Law but Colorado on Front White or Amber is OK and on Back Red or Amber.

So you fast and furious copycats keep putting them colored lights on. Job security for me!!!!!!

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I guess I'm safe if it's not red or blue... Thanks, Bob!

I still gotta decide if I want to find the clear corner stuff that actually LIGHTS UP... preferrably from a place that actually sends them instead of just implying that they have them...'

My X actually looks pretty good with the yellow light on the bottom and the clear reflector thing.. Just gotta replace or clean the headlight lens to match since it's perty dirty...

11. MOABDADC22

Good answer.....anything but red or blue. I have some plastic scratch remover/polish that I used on my wifes headlights. It works pretty good. I will find the bottle and tell you what it is. I bought it at autozone if that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifhelps.