Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is this part really needed to be used????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ben, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Ben

Ben Registered Member

The choke pull off valve. Really needed? If so Why? I have an electrice choke also on my carb, (Q-jet), no EGR, no smog control devices, etc. The choke pulloff has a vacuum line coming off it and connecting to the back of the carb. Is it a redundant system? It also has a allen screw adjustment. But what for? Anyone running without the choke pull off? Thanks!

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

it pulls choke open slightly(when engine is cold of course) when you depres gas pedal alot, so that you wont choke the engine of air it needs and flood it, but you really wouldnt need it if you keep off the pedal when engine is warming up, alot of vehicles didnt have them, but some did, probably depended on year make model and emissions equipment installed

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

They are designed to pull the throttle plate open just a hair when the choke is set.

I can't recall EVER seeing a q-jet that wasn't set up this way, although some of the early early ones may have been.