Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is this progress? Pics of my weekends mess

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Sep 7, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

My labor day weekend was my weekend to catch up on things I've been putting off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ok, so this may not look like "progress"... but I have to start somewhere. The greenish Suburban and Reddish Truck were complete at the start of the weekend. They are organ donors for another truck and a K5 that are going together.
    [​IMG]

The Suburban's axles are going under this '77 K5 that I finally lifted up out of the grass and put front springs under this weekend. The motor out of the truck is going into this Blazer. I'm re-po'ing it since I never got anything at all in trade for it from "Tractor Tire Mike" and he's been kicked out of town anyway. Now I have to undo everything he started doing to it trying to copy my truck Blazer. It will go back to a regular K5 again.
    [​IMG]

The Suburban's motor is going into this truck frame, along with the Part-time T-case from it and exhaust from the reddish truck. It's getting a '77 body I've been saving since 1998, and the 10-bolt front end from my Blue '84 K5 and 14 bolt rear end from "Swamp Thing".
    [​IMG]

The rear end from the reddish truck is going under my Suburban (not pictured). My Suburban is in the shop where my red '78 K20 project is. On my break from the outdoor projects, I bolted up the rear end that came out of a '77 K20 and front Dana 60 from the '80 Canada Crew Cab under my frame designated for my '78 Body, and got it off of blocks. Next the cab comes off, I bolt in a 465/205 and '71 Corvette 350 I traded for.
    [​IMG]

I also finally pulled a Dana 70 rear out of a Dodge frame, and also moved a couple camp trailers for some people, which are now stored here. Starting to look more like a trailer park?
    [​IMG]

I had to swap the 35" Swampers off the Orange Blazer onto the stepside so that I can run in the street and trail class at the mud races coming up Sept 10th. The Orange Blazer is getting parted out to justify keeping the Stepside. While I was at it, I tried to lose some weight off the Stepside. The 39.5" Boggers really packed it everywhere.
    [​IMG]
    Theres a Dana 60 under there somewhere.
    [​IMG]

I also robbed the front axle back out of the "Swamp Thing" project to sell cause I need money. Helped a friend pull out his tranny and T-case out of his '72 K5 on Sunday.

I had a 4 day weekend, and got a fair amount done. But could have gotten further if I had a few parts I needed (and were in the garage in Spokane), and had I worked at a less leisurely pace.
    I still took time to sit by the fire and watch movies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2005
  2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

That's a lot of switching, swapping, and putting! I got lost about half way through :haha: It does look like you had a fun weekend though.

3. Kiwi John

Kiwi John 1/2 ton status

looks a most productive weekend!
    Are you guys watching TV outdoors or is your stove pipe (glowing red) very short?
    I'd love to come over and give you a hand spannering for a week. That'd be a great holiday!

4. mountainexplorer

That's the outdoor livingroom. A couple friends came up and went fishing around the area Saturday, so we had food and movies under the shed Saturday night.

Sunday night after dark a local friend and his girlfriend came up and we watched Red Green episodes.

5. TLCOR

TLCOR 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Aint mud fun ? :haha: Looks like a nice GM Yard, BTW..

6. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

i also kind of of lost you about half way through. looks like fun though!

i love how there's an axle sitting in the middle of the field.

7. mountainexplorer

This is the other half of the field. There's more to the left out of the picture, and more further left in the trees, and a few to the far right in the woods.
    [​IMG]

8. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

Man that looks awesome to live around there. That view alone would be amazing to wake up to. Hows the wild life? I wish I had a graveyard like that, all I have its a bunch of old drums, old wood, and busted flax bails... stupid praries.

9. mountainexplorer

The usual wildlife consists of Deer... an occasional Bear but they stay out of site usually. A couple weeks ago I was doing something next to the motorhome and 2 deer wandered in right near me under the apple tree, then ran across the field through the junk rigs. The deer also seem to like the mud pits when theres water in them. There are more deer prints around the mud pits than at the pond.

This last weekend all I had was stray cows wander in, and the usual Squirrel family, that I hear running around on the roof of the motorhome most mornings.

And of course, the extended family of now inbred bunny rabbits, that live around our place.

Cougars are around, but usually in this area, if you get close enough to see one, you're not around afterwards to tell about it.

10. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

your yard is sweet. all i have is grass and a full driveway.

11. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

that ff will make it there someday.

12. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Man that's some beautiful countryside there. Do you own all that land?
    I'd love to get up in the morning and see nothing but countryside and wildlife......I hate neighbours!(and towns, and traffic, and.....)