Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is This Stuff Worth Keeping?/What is it for sure

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Drey, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Today after I finished my brake job, I was cleaning the area of a shed where my dad keeps his electrician tools, and I noticed all the stuff that was in the box my GMC when I first bought it, i wasnt sure of what all of it was nor did I own a digital camera, so Im asking if im right on what I think this stuff all is, and also should I bother keeping it, or get rid of it junkyard/yard sale/dumpster

Here is a Delco Remmy Alternator, it said that on a tag, is this a 6.2 specific one or are they interchangable
    [​IMG]

Is this an older AC compressor? the one on my 86 C10 is a helluva lot smaller then this one, but this one still says Harrison on it so I wondered
    [​IMG]

Im pretty sure these are Injector Pumps, but One appears to have some control stuff on it still, and also if you look at he ends on them the one has a longer , pipe like thing coming out of it towards the bottom center of the page, is this for a JCode or soemthing?
    [​IMG]

And finally Im pretty sure this is a power steering pump, but i might be wrong who knows...im stupid like that sometimes
    [​IMG]

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The alt could be 6.2 specific. I'd have to sit one next to a sbc alt and see if the mount holes are similar.

The IP pumps...all 3 look like 6.2 pumps, but only one has all the linkage and solenoids still on it. The center 'pipe' is the fuel supply for the IP, and the 8 threaded bits are for each individual injector line. The length is not that important.

The AC looks like the older style, I don't know much other than that there are two styles. Neither are great for OBA.

The last pic is of a hydro-boost pump, mount brackets and remote resevoir. Definitely worth a few bucks to someone. The IP's should only be considered as 'builders'.

If you're planning on putting this stuff up for sale let me know by pm and I'll move the thread for you.

Rene

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I want to keep the pumps, maybe send two of them off to get reworked and turned up for more power, I have two 6.2 trucks, Ill prolly hold onto that hyrdo-booster to, as far as the alternator and AC compressor I dont have a clue as to if that stuff works

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

this stuff definately looks like it is 1983 vintage.. my 83 burb has that compressor. Its HUGE. I was shocked when I saw it as well.

5. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

what up drey... wheres snoop?

Keep all your spare parts... I've sold a sh$tload of parts i wish i still had.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Chances are that the A/C compressor is toast.

7. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I know it was removed from my truck along with all the other AC stuff because the previous owner wanted more room for the Turbocharger install, so i might work, but its all I have from the AC system all the other stuff is gone

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

amen to that!

all kinds..

9. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

That AC pump is what I pulled off my '84.

The center IP has the cruise control vacuum pot and fast idle solenoid - also the same as my '84.