Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is this the best price I can get for a lift?!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k30gambi, May 13, 2002.

1. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

I've been pricing 4in kits for my K-30. I was going to go with rough country but they say they dont carry stuff for tonners. All the other places say the only ton products I can get are skyjacker or superlift. the best price I've found is 4wheelparts they want 530 bucks for a superlift-frt springs, all hardware, rear blocks,4 shocks and a steering block. And they're only a few bucks cheaper than the other two who have skyjacker. Am I looking in the wrong places or what? Once again, I thank you, 4-wheel gods, for your help.

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

4. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

Tuff country doesnt carry ton stuff either! I'm sure you guys know this but I'll say it anyway-The only difference between a 3/4 ton and 1-ton front end concerning how the springs mount is the 3/4s have 2 u-bolts on the pass side and a dana 60 has one u-bolt and 2 regular bolts going directly into the diff housing on the pass side. And of course I will need a steering block. The back springs will work as long as they are 56 inches. I'll use rough country as an example since they are cheap: Couldn't I just get a 3/4 ton lift and use my existing hardware for the front? If that is possible, I could get a rough country 4in all spring lift for the price of a superlift 4in spring/block lift. Maybe I just shouldn't be such a cheap bastard.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

CALL ORD 970-945-7777 and ask Stephen this question........

6. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I thought the reason that lifts are rated for 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, and 1 ton is becasue each one is rated for heavier or lighter loads. I'm not sure about the rear springs and what models use what length. Could you use front lift springs for a 1/2 ton on a 1 ton if you wanted it to ride softer?

7. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

i called rough country also for 1 ton lift. they told me under no cercomstances would they sell a 1 ton lift. i said ok, hung up the phone. hit redial and said i need a lift for 3/4 ton with 56" rear spring's. have been happy ever since.
    although i have 3 friend's in town that have rough country lift's and everyone of them has had some fron't end sag.
    also there 4" rear spring's are like 6" or 7"s.
    hope this help's..
    i did not use rough country shock's. i ordered skyjacker shock's for a 1 ton.
    dave

8. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

captain crunch, you are saying you have a ton truck and bought their 3/4 ton lift for it and everything worked? I really dont see why it wont work. I also know a few guys who have rough country but they have no complaints. I obviously cant get the super soft riding ones cuz the big block will sag them. How many leaves do your front springs have, and the rear? I just cant justify adding 150 bucks to the price for some different bolts.

9. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Just so you realize this captain chaos is Dave, Captain Crunch is Mike.... two different folks.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. captain chaos

first off, thank's chevycagal for clearing up the captain thing...
    yes i used, am , using there spring's on a 1 ton.
    i just bought there spring's. they do not have the stearing block. i got that and the shock's from skyjacker. i put that in a crew cab 1 ton.
    yes, my spring's sagged also...
    my friend called them on the sagging spring's,(they sagged after 3 month's) and they said take them out and send them back. they will replace them if it is under a year. but who want's to change there spring's every year.......
    don't take this the wrong way i'm not bad mouthing them. they ride good. my crew cab rides better now then when it was stock...

dave

11. captain chaos

sorry just reread the post. it's late, i'm tired, it's dark out and it's raining so don't want to go out and count leaf's. if i get home at decent time tommarow i will check it out for you and post it.
    dave

12. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

Thanks a million in advance for counting the leaves. Did the front and back both sag? I think I'm just gonna go with 4in front springs and 2in blocks out back since a year ago i bought arched fronts that are already back to stock basically and i got some heavy 10 leafers arched 2in for the back that havent lost any arch yet. Again, thanks for the info.