Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is this the right paint for this 89 Blazer?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kia, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Kia

Kia 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna see to see this '89 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif ....

[​IMG]

I'm told that this paint job is the original... but I didn't think they made one like this...

Did they?

Kia.

2. unsane

unsane Guest

I have never seen a paint job like that on any Blazer, Suburban or Jimmy. Paint looks way to good for an 89. Also If that is silver paint( I cant tell) they started using some other paint process in 89 and the silver paint just flaked off bad. I have an 89 silver in color and the paint is horrible. You could also look in the glovebox for the paint code on the placard in there. You might look in the door jambs or under the hood real good too, sometimes when people get a crappy paint job those parts are not painted to good. Hope this helps.

3. Kia

Kia 1/2 ton status

I didn't think it was original, just thought I'd ask. The paint, I'm told, is Navy Blue/White. I hope to see it soon and confirm it.

Thanks again.

Kia.

4. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

It looks like a factory paint scheme (minus the blue on the hood) But the blue sides and silver rest is factory style. My dad has an 89 with that paint scheme that IS factory. BUt I would say it's been repainted and the hood as customized.
    Ben 87 Jimmy

5. K05Aggie

K05Aggie 1/2 ton status

The paint on '89s peels off because it was the first year they used a clearcoat and they didn't quite have it right.

6. Kia

Kia 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The paint on '89s peels off because it was the first year they used a clearcoat and they didn't quite have it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

BUMMER!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. unsane

unsane Guest

I have seen factory blue on silver bet I have never seen factory blue on white