Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is this truck worth it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blaze, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine is selling his truck and I'm thinking of buying it. It is an 84 shortbed Custom Deluxe Chevy truck, 2wd. It has a TH350 tranny and a 307 V8. He is going to re-ring the motor for me if I buy it. The frame is bent and needs to be fixed, the front sheetmental is all banged up, the interior needs help, but there is no rust. He said he'll sell it to me for $200. Does this sound like a good deal? I'm gonna buy it today if you guys think it is. Let me know!

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

sounds good to me, for less than 1K you could have a good running rig with replaced sheetmetal. If not, you could always part it for more than you have in it!

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

If it's just cosmetic damage, then snatch it up! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

OH YEAH!! Sounds about like the the deal I had on my '84. It is a rust bucket has a bent frame, needs, grille/radiator support, drivers side fender, hood, and, front bumper all do to being wrecked. It has alot of dents do to abuse from the previous owner, but it had 4 33x12.50x15's on it 3 of which were completly good (2 BFG Trails and 2 Desert Dogs) and a 2 inch lift. And it had a nice running 305 in it, there was a slight knock but I figure it is just a flat cam. They said they wanted $300 for it but I offered them $150 and said take it or leave it and sold them the old act of, ' /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif Well its really a piece of [censored]. Hell the only good thing on it are the tires and maybe a engine block. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif ' They took it and I drove it home! Really it is perfect! For what I want it for anyway, 'The coyote chasing, roll it if I want to, monster'.
    Oh yeah Back to you, Do it! You more than likely wont regret it!

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I think I'm gonna buy it. My wife seems to think it is ok, because it will be good for my business, but I'm not sure. If I buy it, I have a good work truck, but if I don't then I'm $200 closer to the 79 Bandit. I don't really know. I've already made plans to hook it up to a big tree, yank the frame, then primer it black and paint blue and white flames on it. Hmmmm, what a pedicament.....

6. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

sounds to me like a money pit id rather use the 200 on my blazer and get an new cd player but if you have alot of time on your hands go for it

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd buy it becouse I belive you wouldn't have any problem getting the $200.00 back out of it if you decide to sell it.