Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is This True About SEARS?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Storm Trooper, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    An e-mail sent to me as follows:

Shop At Sears:
    I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...
    Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.
    Pass it on.

So I decided to check it out before I sent it forward. I sent the following email to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this email and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your store. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item even if it was cheaper at the other store.

Here is their answer to my email......................

Dear Customer:
    Thank you for contacting Sears.

The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
    Sears Customer Care
    webcenter@sears.com
    1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends, Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military,

So? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Does anyone know that this is really true?
    I'd like to know /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Dave

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yes it is absolutely true.

3. Storm Trooper

How do you know this? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Linky /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Storm Trooper

Thanks, That's really good of those companies to do that.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Sears is not the only employer that has done this. There's been a few local governments that took care of their employees like that.........

7. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Linky /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good info! Sears will get my support as well as others on that list! Good post... I like to do my part for those who supoort our troops. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Just sent this to them:

I have been a long time Sears shopper. I have chosen Sears as my primary source for tools and equipment over the years. Not necessarily because Sears offers the highest quality, although the quality has always been great, but because of your return policies. I have never had a bad experience at Sears with my purchases. Now I find out that Sears has taken good care of military reservists called up to active duty. Sears policy regarding their military reservist employees is an example of true American spirit. You should be commended for your compassion, patriotism, duty to country, and excellent corporate example to other companies. I am glad I have another reason to support Sears with my purchase dollars. Thank you.

I almost added "as opposed to the Dixie Chicks" but I didn't want to stir the pot too much.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Good to know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif