Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is This What They Call Work???????????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Go to work yesterday, I'm stuck running radar because of numerous complaints. Due that for about an hour, then start meandering around. Maybe an hour, just a little bit more into shift, I get a robbery call.................... :eek1:

I get to the location, which was only about 10 miles away from where I had been working, get the information, then go to another location for more notes. During the investigation, I got a possible suspect, call my partner in crime and get him calling his buddies where he used to work. By the time I get done with the victim, the other department has my suspect and bringing him in so I can go chat. Had to call the boss since this was in another state.

Since my house was on the way, I stopped by the house for a quick bite of pizza, then I'm off to go meet up with these other cops and chat with my peeps they brought in.

I'm up in their area until about 1am, then I start heading to the office. I get about 10 miles away and I spot a car that I felt needed some law enforcement interaction. I follow them for awhile and finally initiate the stop and contact the driver. Well, I found two other passengers in the car and had one of the biggest grins I had had in a long time. Needless to say I have other units show up and we start hooking people up.

We start setting up a plan when my phone rings. For the record, the dispatcher on duty sucks. We've got stolen cars and fights and drunks driving stolen cars going down and the two closest units are playing with these crackheads. I guess apparently someone deemed me senior deputy on duty or some such whacked idea is the reason I'm getting these calls.

So I cut my deputy backup loss to go to that call, I turn over my crackheads to another cop that showed up and I haul ass out. As much as I wanted to nail these crackheads, I guess the stop was good enough for victory, someone else can have the credit.

We hit the area for this fight call thingy and we got directions more ****ed up than Cindy Sheehan trying to make a truthful statement. I finally get the RP on the phone and get directed to the house.

Quick public service announcement from the guys with badges, KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THE **** YOU LIVE!!!!!! If you can't tell us exactly where you live the first time you call, situations like last night could possibly end up very bad when the suspect returns home like in this case.

I finally find the house and walk up to the porch. I've got one very drunk guy started to express his inner self, which I don't do, I have a weak stomach. Due to my keen observation skills, I noticed that he looked like he went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.

We have the whole shift, well let me rephrase, we have 4 there, one was supposed to be off at 2 and the rest of us were supposed to be off at 3. We finally make the hook up at about 0330 and head to the office.

I finally hit my office at about 0430. The first time all shift I got to go, and it was 1.5 hours after I was supposed to be home. I finally got home 2.5 hours after end of shift and even though I'm scheduled to go in at 5 today, as soon as I get done here, I'm putting on the suit of bad guy doom back on and heading into my fortress of solitude for an interesting session of notes, interviews, videotapes, and digital camera disks; along with my end of week paperwork on top of all of that.

Just another interesting defense of my title belt that has "Department **** Magnet" engraved on it.......................

:haha: :haha: :haha:

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow....I bet America is real glad you're doing such a good job Bubba............'cos it means they don't have to!!! :D
    (just kidding man...put the gun down Bubba...please!)

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

and everyone(well almost everyone), thinks you suckas just eat doughnuts.my dad was a cop and my BEST friend is a cop.and three of my other friends are cops. :laugh: i hear you BUBBA.

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I had a terrible week myself Bubba. I was forced to go to a conference in Costa Mesa in SoCal. While there, I dove on the grenade and went early to get in some time visiting Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Downtown Disney, the Fashion Island, PCH and Huntington Beach. During the conference, I again took one for the team and had catered breakfast and lunch. Dinner was a combination of Claim Jumper, Cuban Pete's, A great sushi bar, and a Japanese steak house. It was horrible and my limits of endurance where nearly reached. Feel for me my brethern.....Feel my pain........

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So was the pizza any good?

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yup....................................

And for the epilogue................

I went on duty 2.5 hours early. I finally got to the office about an hour after I went on. Went to dispatch, answered my first phone call, then got down to the office, printed out some pictures and began the keyboard love fest. I had four total pages of narrative. Took me about four hours to complete.

Seems like people have our office bugged and once they find out that we have a mountain of paperwork, they have to call the office and by God, they need to speak to one of us. Range of phonecalls included a fireworks complaint, the lady was understanding that it may take us a few days before we can contact the firework setter offer. Another phone call from one of my favorite psycho druggie women. At least the dispatcher gave me the heads up before I talked to her, so I was able to cut her off pretty quick, inform her that the PD in the town that she lived in would be responding, not us; and last but not least my victims from the shooting incident. I'm glad they called since I had some questions for them, but a 10 minute phone conversation took 45 minutes.

I finally got on the road about 9pm after having a nice sit down dinner at the burger joint, got my hour long Iron Butterfly set in, removed an obliterated deer from the road, played with a local PD, and found a few people to arrest, but didn't; and made it home on time.

Before any of you wankers comment on the OT pay, we don't get it. We get comp time in leiu of. Sounds good, but when you've built up enough time that you could work 11 out of 12 months after only a year and half; and sometimes your boss makes you take some of that time and having five days off in a row, it's not that special............................

:D :D :D

7. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I didn't figure you did get OT.

Actually I think your thread is an interesting look into the back stage that none of us get to see. I'm just glad someone is willing to do it (law enforcement that is).

8. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

And somewhere during all this, Bubba has to find time to choke down 1/2 dozen donuts. The life of a rural deputy is in deed thankless :doah: :whistle: :haha: :haha:
    Good to hear you haven't been bored.:waytogo:

John