Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is this worth it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wayne, Mar 8, 2002.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I think this might be worth what they are asking for it if it is a clean and realitively rust free truck. We are looking into it for Donna. I sent them an e mail and will probably give them a call about it if it is still available. Just wondering what you all think about it. http://autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=79213594&dealer_id=585385&certified=n&max_price=5000&start_year=1987&end_year=1991&address=17325&search_type=used&make=CHEV&model=BLAZER&min_price=000&distance=200&advcd_on=n&advanced=n&color=&car_year=1990&ac_afflt=none

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

That looks like a $4900 truck to me. I doubt that it has ever seen the trail.

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

hmmm....Tough call. My truck was very similar to that, with the same mileage, but for $3750. Granted it is a year older. Oh, it did have some rust at the tailpan area though. I would try and haggle down to around $4200 or so...but that's just me /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Boss

4. MXmastermike

MXmastermike 1/2 ton status

Looks like a good deal! But being in PA, i'd bet there's more rust on it then it looks like, unless its imported from some not so snowy state or it was washed a lot and rust protected and all. But like boss said, you could probably haggle them down a bit, and you could sell those running boards for a bit more cash /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Once I here back from them and if it is still there I will go look it over real good. If it was kept in a garage it might not have to much rust. I looked at an 87 the other week that had almost no rust that I could find but the guy was an a$$ so I won't go back to the place it was at. I only paid 3500 for my 89 but it is not as nice and rust free as some so I will pay $1000+ more for one that does not need any major rust repair.