Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is your dog a good guard dog? Or a spoiled, lazy member of the family?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 11, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Every time I come home, I marvel at the laziness of my dog. If I make a bunch of noise outside, or even come inside and make a bunch of noise, she just lays there sound asleep in the corner of the bedroom or under the dining room table.

She barks at other dogs walking by the yard, and barks at any vehicle my mom or I drive away in. But she doesnt bark at strangers, or people.

Everytime we let her outside, after 5-10 minutes she usually is plopped down sitting at the door waiting to come back in so she can lay down and sleep in one of her spots.

The only thing that makes her excited is food, which is one thing she could use less of. Her eyeballs look like they are going to pop out of their sockets /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif when food is in front of her. It's also usually the only thing that she will wake up for.

2. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

Both of dogs are both lazt and they're goo guard dogs. If they are in the yard or in the truck, strangers can't get close without them going off. If they are in the house, they don't even move when someone knocks on the door. They like to "get " the neighborhood cats that stray into the yard too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Keeps the cats from deficating the yard! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

What do you think?

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif [​IMG]

4. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

That's a dog??????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif J/K /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

well i have a big neapolitan mastiff, a pitbull, and a 25 pound fox terrier! well my sons pitbull is scared of her own shadow she runs and hides behind the furniture when someone comes over or tries to hide behind me to protect her, my neo and fox terrier well those two are like hell on wheels they are at the door ready to eat whoever it is even if its my husband! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif my neo scares the hell out of strangers especailly salesman they wont even come onto the porch cause she stands on the back of my couch stares out the window growling and barking and lunging at the window its so funny watching these people yelling if i would like to buy something from my front yard! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif now my terrier trys to go for the ankles, its so funny she sticks her head out of the cat door which is right next to my front door and she barks and growls, people start moving there feet away from the door cause all they see is this head sticking out trying to bite them at feet level, seeing it from the other side is hilarious cause all you see is this fat little body with no head and a stubby tail going ninty miles an hour! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but my terrier knows she has back up so she always starts things and then she looks around for the big gun to come in a 180 pound neo that is just so ugly only a mother could love her face! or the terrier will stand under neath the neo barking its so funny looking, soon i will have a digital camera so i can take pics and out them up of my dogs when they do wierd crap. i would feel sorry for someone if they tried to break into my house with the clan i have cause if the dog doesn't get them either me or my husband will with handguns! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

kelly

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My chihuahua is smaller than your chihuahua... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

thats a dog?! thats a meal for my fox terrier and a snack for my neo! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kelly

8. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Shes a big 2-1/2 lbs.

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

We took ours to the vet once and she didn't even register on the scale, she's about twice as big as that now....So what is 0+0 anyhow.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

My fat 80-lbs Bull-Mastif (I think he is a Pit-Bull and Mastif mix) is really weird.

He HATES EVERY POWER and Pneumatic tool I have! He lunges at the tool and/or barks constantly at it and/or me until it's off.

He also barks like the world is coming to an end when either a skateboarder or a baby stroller goes by the sidewalk. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

He's a mean bastard when it comes to food (or anything HE THINKS is food). He growls and snaps at me when he THINKS he has a piece of cardboard that "smells" like food. I got a choke collar for this very reason. Then I grab the collar and he WHIMPERS.... What to do. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Oh yeah, he HATES to go for walks. If he gets out he will take off down the street sniffing everything along the way. Put him on a leash and he won't go beyond the house! He sits down and won't BUDGE (with the choke collar mind you)! He will only go back towards the house! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Bo-Bo My 10 year old Wierd-o dog (Psycho). /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

12. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

My dog is a good guard dog but she is better than is safe for her. She barks at everything and everyone that comes near the 68 acres I live on. She barks at everything from birds to airplanes... Go figure. So it's sort of a catch 22. I get used to her barking and wouldn't know if a real threat is out there.

[​IMG]

She does a good job of keeping the coyotes away though. I've seen her stand off to 5 or 6 of them and keep them at bay... Little do they know what a wimp she really is and that if they attacked her she would run straight to me... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

maybe we should make a poll: fat and lazy, sadistic and wacko, protective and loyal, etc. choose your puppy's personality! just a random idea

14. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I work night shift and get off at 0300 hrs. Everynight my dogs (Border Collie and Black Lab) sit on the couch at 0300 hrs and wait for me to come home in the police car. (Yes we have take home cars to use as our own.)

Tonight I had to work late and did not get home until 0400hrs. Well, the city police had a call at 0315 hrs directly across the street from me. My wife said my dogs went freakin nuts because they thought "Daddy" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif was home and they associate a police car with me. I thought that was cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

3 dogs and too many stray cats...
    Raskal: Border-collie
    Well trained and nice to cats, gotta get rid of those ticks though, when you want him to move he just looks up at you and thinks "what are you looking at?"
    Jr: chihuahua-Parmainian Mix
    STUPID DOG!!! Small and Fat, all he does is run around in circles and protects Mom, but when you grab him, he pees in your face and $hits in your room, how much would I love to make lamb chops out of him and I think he knows it too.
    Cazy: Siberian Husky
    A great sprinter and man can she fly, if you don't give her the attention she wants then shes off to find someone else, lucky for the third time we had tied her down, but now kinda worried that she'll take the house with her.
    She hates cats though, thats a good sign.
    Lucky Strike: Arrowana (I know this is not a dog, but would be interesting to put in anyway)
    Lucky has been with us for 7-8 years, got tired of buying tanks when he got about 2 feet long, made a retangler pond near the backyard fence (To keep all the cats away) and had him put in.
    Funny thing though I hardly see the cats anymore, I wonder if Lucky had anything to do with it?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Michael /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif