Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is your girlfriend this cool?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Feb 29, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Today, me and my girlfriend put my '60 in. Ourselves...just me and her all day long in the garage, and the '60 is hanging from the springs and will have steering and brakes tomorrow.

http://community.webshots.com/album/121863782YaqJeJ

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

How many can say that their girlfriend is that cool? She got dirty and even had power tools in hand on more than one occassion.

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

That's kinda scary actually... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif, but whatever whacks your willy I guess... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

my last girlfriend was really into trucks... and stuff... a little too much I think... she wasn't as feminine as I'd prefer, if you weeeeeeeeeel (/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif haven't quoted Dusty Rhodes in a long time) /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

scary? I'd be happy. Mine is but she lives so far away not like I can take advantage of it. She wants me to teach her all I can.

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

What I'm trying to say is.....

I'm not looking for a complete chick... well... she has to be 100% female... but... ya know...

Let me begin again /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I'd like to meet a girl who is into wheeling and nice big trucks and stuff, and wouldn't mind helping me work on my Exploder... But she also needs to own a couple dresses and worry about her hair and all that... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif One of these days I'll find her /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

I agree my girlfriend is all about thrucks and has a k5 and is all about working on it we are actually putting a new engine in both our trucks in a few weeks but she hardly ever wears makeup and dosent really dress up as much as I would like but at the same time it is awesome she dosent mind doing anything on a rig and loves to go play in the mud. woo hoo

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Must everyone rub it in that they have found a cool girl into 4x4s and working on rigs?

Lucky you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Attn: Future wife: WHERE ARE YOU? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif My "5-year plan" to find you is almost up.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[​IMG]

I think she's 100% female. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

My wife is that cool...
    She's not into working on it,
    But she IS into financing it! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

She isn't really into working on it either but she was there and willing to run the impact gun or get tools or whatever...she rocks!!

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    a girl who is into wheeling and nice big trucks and stuff, and wouldn't mind helping me work on my Exploder...

[/ QUOTE ]

Now is this an oxymoron or a non-sequitur?

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

My wife is involved in fixing the truck. She tells me what repairs we can afford and what I'm NOT allowed to do with the K5!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif J/K!!!!

Kim has, on more than one occasion, logged onto CK5 on my behalf to get info for me while I'm working on the truck down at the shop(no computer there). Funny thing is, she gets more replies than I ever do.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Kim also spent a lot of pro bono time on the "Girls of CK5" calendar. It was really fun working alongside her on the project and her effort showed that she takes an interest in my hobbies!!!!

I also drag Kim up to tha lake the odd time in the winter to go icefishing. Here's a pic of her with her first laker of this year:

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My girlfriend is one of those chicks that is always wearing the dress and/or hiheels. She wouldn't pick up a wrench if my life depended on it. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Whenever I'm working and ask "hand me that 9/16" I get " but it's got a spec of dirt on it."....... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif It's ok though because she has her make-up box and is into all that crap but I like it because she always looks pretty and is fun to take out which is more important to me anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

13. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

My wife isn't afraid to get dirty the odd time. We own a 5 acre rec property that we're slowly getting into shape and she does her share of physical labor when required. Last year we built a deck together and she was involved in every phase of it's construction. I even got her to use the hammer for a while!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

However, I agree with you- there's nothing wrong with a girl who enjoys looking good!!!!!

14. mudgirl1972

mudgirl1972 Registered Member

ya know guys as a women reading this it is cool that the girls help out, they still need to know though that they are sexy when their out there helpin. i grew up on a farm and my close friends were all guys, i grew up with the thought i can do anything they can do and i do, but i still remember that i can wear makeup and cute outfits even four wheelin or at truck pulls which i am usually the only female pullin, i do my fair share of throwin tractor wieghts and what not,for the guys who don't have the better half helpin out let them know that they need to know how to work on stuff and know what the basic engine componets are cuz you may not always be around for them to go to for help. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    ...which is more important to me anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

for once I agree with you rjfguyir, Im actually kinda glad that my gf isnt into working on trucks... i mean really, for me working on my truck is good quiet time when I can not only fix automotive problems, but meditate/ponder other things as well. Dont think I could do that with someone else around buggin me all the time and stuff. I guess in some ways it'd be cool if she was more into it... but thats WAY down the gf "wish-list"...

j

16. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=non4x4&Number=308239&Forum=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=46&Limit=25&Main=308096&Search=true&where=&Name=2476&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post308239

Did she talk you into the 60's also? Sure wish you would not have deleted your comments on how ridiculous we all were for our 1 ton upgrades....

Either way your GF is pretty cool.

17. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My Girl does not help me work on my rig. After a good day Mudding she wants to wash it though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Attn: Future wife: WHERE ARE YOU? My "5-year plan" to find you is almost up.

[/ QUOTE ]

For every scrub horse....there's always a scrubbier bush to tie it to................. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

dito....i think my wife has a steel plate in front of her head sometimes,i marreid the most hardheaded,awnrew,stubborn,but loyal/faithfull gal ive ever seen.Thats what i get for marrying a Kansas girl i guess /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif......I can see them being right 75% of the time but 100%????I just cant win.I got de-throned long ago lol,Jake /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

[ QUOTE ]
    My wife is that cool...
    She's not into working on it,
    But she IS into financing it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto that. If I posted how much cash the missus has allotted me to finish the 76 I bought, you'd crap eggrolls. It did take over 20 years of marriage for her to get to the point that she just wants it done, done right, and finished instead of having an ongoing project always in the backyard.