Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is your house haunted????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Jan 31, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Is your house haunted??? Have any of you experianced weird things you cant explain in your home? Seen things? Heard things??? Dont be afraid, tell the story......

Our old creppy house i think was haunted :grin: there, i said it.

Your turn.

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

ooooo come on you guys, i know im not the only one.:grin: :grin: :grin:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The first house that my wife and I bought was my great aunts. Built by her father in law in 1918. Doors would open/close. We heard foot steeps. Weird stuff all of the time. My great aunt swore that my uncle who died in the 80's was still there keeping an eye on things. I used to get the feeling that I was being watched sometimes.

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Thats because you were.....being watched.

When the damn beds jump all by themselves, and the cabinets slam themselves, footsteps, glass breaking,,

Pale White figures being seen of people who died, then vanish...
    Ok, im gettin scared now..... im alone in the house. :grin:

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Got a few skeletons in the closet, but no spooks.

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Never........

I wish the dead would talk to me

7. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Yep. House was built in 1927. Not sure who the spirit is, but we suspect it's a woman. Most "events" happen when I'm doing remodeling. Two real hair raisers were the kitchen cabinets slamming when I was the only one home and the real cold draft going through the living room as I was sitting by the Christmas tree. One of the cats "watched" someone come down the stairs and walk through the room as the cold draft came through. Then the draft subsided. Another one was when I was sitting at the work bench in the basement farting around before dinner. Sarah was in the kitchen and her son was in his room doing homework (surfing the net most likely). Anyway - I felt a hand on my shoulder thinking it was Sarah letting me know dinner was ready - so I whipped around startled - and no one was there. Scared the living sh!t outa me!!! :yikes: There's been the foot steps and such, but not much for a while now.

8. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I am pretty sure my house is haunted. Somehow my beer keeps disappearing :confused:

9. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

My dad died in our house here, but he knows not to creep us out by any hauntings.

I've had friends who lived in a house where they saw and heard all sorts of things. Even the owner of the house they were renting from was scared and got the creeps from the house, and he had it bulldozed after they moved out.
    No personal experiences though.

10. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

The house we moved into a couple months ago is 110yrs old this year, making it built in 1895. So nobody knows the full history of the house.

The basement is creepy as all heck and our landlords believe it's haunted. They say all kinds of weird stuff happened when they used to live in it. We haven't had anything happen, but we've only been here a couple months. Maybe the ghosts are still unsure of us and don't know what to do.

OR maybe they're K5/K10 fans and like the trucks so much that they don't want to bother us! :D

11. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

pretty sure ours is you used to beable to see figures in the mirrors and feel cold drafts.Now when i am home alone you can here the kitchen chairs move it's freaky at night.

One of my good friends houses is haunted for sure it's a safe house for al capone many of people have seen a figure in a trench coat with a hat on he comes down from teh second floor to the first walks over to the basement and then he dissapears. You can feel cold drafts all the time go by you and it always feels like someone is watching. The real freaky thing is the tunnel that goes out of the basement you can always here stuff in there.

12. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

my current house was built in the late 40's early 50's and the old fruitcake lady of the neighborhood lived and died in it. There is a few doors in the house we absolutely never close and around the holidays I came home twice to that door closed to just a one inch gap... thinking it was strange I propped it back open and the next morning I woke up and it was almost shut again! I hear things often when not much is stirring at home, like someone walking around the back part of our house (wood floors) and every now and then it sounds like someone turns on the TV back there and the cabinets being opened and then shut.....creeps my friends out but doesn't bother me...

13. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh my grandmothers house is definately. Only becomes active when children are around though, (heard its something about the energy children give off). Anyway, when my cousin was little and playing in the house, he was talkin to someone, then started yelling. He walked out of the room to my grandmother and said the man, pinched him. No one was in there, raised his shirt and there were little blue & black marks already appearing.

Then when I was smaller playin in the house, I saw a white figure cross the hall a couple times. Also get that, being watched, feeling alot. Wierd stuff.

14. k51989

k51989 Registered Member

my grandmother used to tell me about the ghost she seen in her house and i was always like "ok grandma" just to entertain the idea for her. one night i stopped by her house to say hi and she started off on one of her ghost stories. i did my customary "ok grandma" and turned to walk out the door. in the reflection off the glass door i swear i saw some woman standing right next to where i just was. scared the **** out of me and i just kept going.

my grandma is gone now but i still get a chill when i walk into her house.

15. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Roltf.... :grin: I had to read that twice .:grin:

16. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Damn I cant beleive how many others have seen/heard stuff .:crazy: I thought twice about posting this up, but in the end i though "what the hey" might as well. Nobody can beat my beds jumping account though. What kind of power it takes to lift huge heavy oak framed beds off the ground? With you on it?

The first time i took my wife to our old farm,,, (4 yrs ago) my grandpa had a picture of my old great uncle Buck (older than my grandpa) old black and white photo. My granps lived alone out there for years, his kitchen was filthy with no woman to help with the cleaning around the house.So we proceeded to clean the kitchen when we were there, and she ran across the old photo of my uncle buck,, she dusts it off,,,,, cleans it good,,, and props it back up straight.

Later that day she ran out of the living room crying,to the outside,, im like WTF????

She said she saw my uncle buck for 2 seconds looking at her, standing right in the living room, then dissapeared.

She looked at the pic of my uncle buck and said it was him.

I diddnt know this, but later that day my Grandpa said my uncle buck died in that house.

Just weird.:crazy:

17. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thats why our second house is a nice safe mid eighties house. No spooky stuff. No history of dead people. No relatives. Just a nice, quiet house.

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i dont know if i would call it haunting, but i get a funny feeling when i walk into my Grandma's house. its not the normal cold "i'm being watched" feeling, its a warm safe feeling. my Grandpa passed away there 2 summers ago, right there in the living room with all of the rest of the family with him. i was the only one who wasnt there with him, as i had worked all night, and planned to stay the next night with him. i went home to get some sleep, got home, started to check here at CK5, and then was planning on hitting the sack, then the phone rang. i couldnt say anything, not only had i lost my grandfather, i lost my best friend.

it bothered me for a long time that i wasnt there, until a few months after he passed, i had a dream about him. was really wierd, because i was with my mom in the grocery store, and we saw him by the checkout lanes. i walked up to him, but couldnt say anything. his eyes had a different sparkle to them, and he looked healthy again. nothing like man i had seen only a few months before, who was bedridden and relied on his family for everything. i spoke with him for a few minutes, and then i started to cry. he asked me what was the matter. i hesitated, but then told him that i was very sorry that i wasnt there with him when he passed. i'll never forget the words that he said to me for as long as i live. "its ok Hot Rod, your heart was in the right place. i love you buddy." i told him that i loved him too. at that point, i woke up, with a very calm feeling, like i've never felt before, and everything has been ok since then.

last winter, we got one good snow. i had never driven the plow truck before, except as occasional backup transportation. never once had i even drive it with the blade on it, much less actually tried to push snow with it. as i sat clueless in the truck for a few minutes while it warmed up, i remembered the previous winter him telling me how to do it. couldnt remember a word that he said, but i remembered him doing it. i reached down, and pulled up on the joystick to raise the blade, and then i could hear his voice. very clearly, almost as if he was sitting in the seat beside me. i dont remember anything after pulling the truck in gear. the next thing that i remember was walking from the truck to the front door. my grandma said that i was looking a little odd when i came in. i was inside for a few minutes, looked out the window and saw the street and the driveways cleared. then i realized what i had done, without a single realization that i was doing it. i knew right then, i wasnt the only one in the truck that night. never a bad experience there, whenever i'm having a problem in the garage, i always think about him. he was the one who i always called whenever i had a problem, and he almost always had some sort of solution for me. or if he didnt, he would come right over and help me figure it out. sometimes i still feel like there is someone looking over my shoulder. when i do, things always seem to go right.

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Thats a good story bro,, i liked it, especialy the ending.,,Jacob

20. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

OK - Here's another one (short).

Years ago (mid 1970's) I had a g/f that rented a house that was originally a carraige house for the estate that was subdivided years earlier. It was a small, two story building with hardwood floors. She had a nice stereo system with these large floor model speakers - probably weighed 50 lbs. each. Anyway - we're in the kitchen having dinner and all of a sudden there's a huge noise in the living room - BAM !!!! We get up from the table and go into the living room to find one of these speakers face down on the floor.

Another g/f about ten years later - her parents house had a ghost. The attic had some unused furniture - chairs and such. Well - at times you could sit in the living room and hear the chairs in the attic being dragged across the floor up there. We'd go up there and see the chair across the room from where it had been. Pretty weird.

OK - I'm done for now. :laugh: