Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is your siginificant other involved:

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AZ79K5Project, Mar 10, 2007.

?

How involed is your significant other

1. My significant other is always involved and wheels with me.

25 vote(s)
    30.1%
  2. My significant other doesn't get involved but wheels with me.

19 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. My significant other checks to make sure I'm still alive - once in a while.

24 vote(s)
    28.9%
  4. I could be crushed under the truck for days before she would check on me. Just happy its quiet.

10 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. I'm nekkid and she wouldn't call 9-1-1 even if my head was on fire.

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

I've had this truck for a little over a year. My wife is absolutely uninvolved, couldn't care less, about what I am doing.

I was curious. How many on here have the same experience?

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

I do, my wife could care less, and I almost think she'd rather me buy guns than parts for my truck, so I'm selling it, actually trading it for an ar-15 and some cash, since I have no time to devote to it... She can't understand why I would sell it now, after it took me nearly 3 years to replace my last FSC...

oh well, it's a man thing, she wouldn't understand LOL

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

]

Shes going to be even more bitter when the next project comes home:doah::haha::haha::haha:

4. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

My Ex (we met when I started the skyyk5) hated the "f*cking thing". Said I spent too much time on it. But loved taking it to the beach when it was finished. The new freind/girl/person thinks that if I buy this K5 tomorrow that it's for her. Already picking out shades of green and a name for it!

5. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

LMAO, and it'll either be a SWB FSC, or a first gen camaro lol... but all in due time...

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

My wife enjoys my Blazer just as much as me. I had it long before I ever met her so she understood it was part of the package that she married into. Hell Our first date was a wheeling trip (so redneck:wink1:) She has even wheeled the piss out of it and once she launched it about 15 feet in the air. She is pretty fockin nuts behind the wheel when we go wheeling :haha:It was pretty cool back when we first started dating there was a group of us that all had Blazers and we would just go wheeling on the weekends. We all had CB's(pre cell days) in our rides and the girls would be talking back and forth while we beat on our rides. Everyone always had a good time cause there was always someone to interact with.
    So with that being said find a way to involve her in a wheeling trip. Hell dude chicks dig excitement:D

7. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

When I can manage to keep one long enough, they have usually gone with me. Its more of a family thing though, so we camp, and other stuff too.

8. burban89'sgirl

burban89'sgirl 1/2 ton status

~smiles points to my truck~ enough said

9. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

:bow: :bow: :haha: :haha: :haha: just keep laughing "Craig"

10. burban89'sgirl

burban89'sgirl 1/2 ton status

if he was awake he would :haha: :haha:

11. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

hates the truck, even taught my daughter to call it "Daddy's ugly truck"

She rode in it once, to a restaurant. She said it made her feel like the Dukes of Hazzard but not in a good way.

12. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Now that sucks, who am I going to wheel with when I get down there :doah: .
    If I had my truck down there I'm pretty darn sure you wouldn't loose interest.
    As for my wife, she waves and says "Have Fun" but said I'll scare the ...... out of her if she went with me. Glad I did manage to talk her into coming with me to Moab for a calender shot :D .

13. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

My wife is happy that I'm happy with my Blazer but that's it. She is concerned aboot the money I put in it.

It's kind of funny: We both have DD that are 15+ years old and she concerned the vehicles will nickle and dim us to death (they are now!).

I just found out she's not only willing to get herself a new vehicle but one for me as well!!

We shall see!

14. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

My wife LOVES it, even offered to buy me another truck so she can have mine. She was out there today helping me with the crossover and will help me bleed the PS tomorrow. Goes on every trip with me...

Here are some of my buddies being jealous.

http://media.putfile.com/TPI

15. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

The only advantage is she doesn't ask about how much I've spent. Good thing on that. I'm toast if she ever starts questioning costs.

My daughter (8) loves to go off road. My son (5) is a little timid still. I'm going out with a buddy next week - if I get the Cherokee steering shaft in. I tore it apart and put on a new u-joint for the larger splined box for the 2wd box when I did the x-over. I just replaced the sector shaft rather than replacing the whole box and found that the stock box has the small spline.:doah: A day late, and a dollar short, more like $52.:mad:

Dang I hate this truck today and wasting money.

16. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

My wife is sorta casually indifferent to my truck hobby. She likes the idea of a lifted truck and that sorta stuff but doesn't necessarily want to get her hands dirty. Even when I'm working on her ride she gets pissy if I need her to come out and hold the brakes or something for me.

She was pretty psyched when I lifted the Grand Vitara last year. Wants me to lift the XL7 too, we just don't have the funds right now.

She thinks Big Ugly is well...ugly. At first she barely wanted to acknowledge it was sitting in front of the house but seems to have warmed to it. Then again she drove it across the yard the first weekend I had it and seemed to like it. Was sorta smiling and mumbled something about it being so big and loud.:D Then again she's like 5'2" and getting into it is a gymnastic routine for her.:wink1:

Hell, when we got my Tracker she drove it 4 hours home because she thought it was so cool looking with the lift and big tires. Then when she realized how rough it rode she changed her mind and it's a bitchfest whenever she has to drive it when her ride's in the garage. Then I remind her the other option is Big Ugly...:laugh:

She's a quick study though, when she was 18 she could tell you why torsion bar IFS sucked and solid front axles were better. Also could give a blow by blow account of why I was going to sell or destroy my '99 Dodge Ram 1500 if anything else went wrong with it.:doah:

17. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

My wife only helps me if I ask her. As far as wheelin, she went once and said it made her boobs hurt from all the bouncing around.

She will not drive the Burro(nops, pb or auto tranny). She has shown an interest in driving my 78 Bronco, when I get it on the road.:doah:

18. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Kim loves the trucks. All 3 of them. In fact, the 83 6.2 C10 is registered in her name.

She understands that the trucks are part of the family. :thumb:

19. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

20. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

Nope ! wife WILL NOT go wheeling at ALL :( . She went 2 times after I built the burb and no more . Scares the chit out of her . She could do 150 mph on the back of my zx-11 But going up and down hills and over rock's !!! Not a chance . I think I'm gonna build a single seat buggy :D .