Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is your wife awesome?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jan 30, 2007.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Mine is. What minor complaints I may have get washed out by her sheer awesomeness. She takes good care of my kids, keeps me off the Can Can program :crazy: , and she puts up with my annoyingness.

She was really annoyed with me this morning, but maybe that's good every now and then so I don't take her for granted. We need more dates...

2. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I see make up sex in your future.....if you play it right:haha: :haha:

thats really good to hear, I'm glad your happy. Everyone should be so blessed

3. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Yep mine Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

4. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

mine is; course you know that just I as I know yours is also :D.

She keeps the house looking spotless, even though she worries about little things like making sure a magazine or book is not left out, which bothers me that she's so peculiar. I often leave mine sitting by the chair for later reading but have to look for it again because she's put it up. she keeps me fed and even will make sure she cooks what's acceptable on the diet. We also have an understanding that there will be no arguing, disagreements maybe, but no name calling or yelling at each other and to this day, have had only one of those; guess who's fault that was :doah:.

I love my wife!

5. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That whole for better or for worse part when you get married, well most of my marriege has been the for worse part, cause of health problems. My wife has stuck by me through the whole thing and still lets me spend money on my blazer and loves to go wheeling when we can.

So basically yeah my wife is awesome

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:haha: :haha:
    I hope so! We didn't have a fight or anything, but I'm ok with Makin' up... :D
    She was just annoyed with me this morning, nothing major, we parted smiling.

I used to get her flowers every now and then and I was thinking of doing it tonight, but I just found out a month or so ago that she doesn't really like flowers... :doah: She did once!

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

My wife has a hell of a right hook. I like to wrestle. We get along pretty well.:crazy:

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Yeah, mine is.. Lisa puts up with my workaholic tendencies, mood swings, and need for periodic solitude..

She likes all the same stuff I do, and is a great cook.. she also keeps up with me in conversations, and doesn't mind me when I blather on about politics, diesel fuel, or whatever other subject I'm stuck on that moment..

I'd be lying if I said she "completed me".. that's not what I was looking for.. I wanted someone who would love me back, and that's just what I got.. :laugh:

As noted above, we have an agreement that while arguing is fine, there wouldn't ever be any name calling.. I grew up hearing that, and it sucks..we're both very opinionated, so we just vent our thoughts out until we decide what to do about a certain issue..

The best way to keep peace in the house?

When she's venting 'at' me ( when its "that time" ), I just ask her: " do you want me to solve this, or are you just looking for a punching bag"? if I know what she wants, I can deal with it..her friends try to teach their own husbands to do this, with limited success.. they're all jealous..

the other peacemaker is seperate computers on a shared DSL line, and seperate bathrooms..

Tom

9. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

My wife has her issues but overall she's awesome, Does a good job with the kids, Tells me to go out and play poker on Saturday nights, lets me sleep on weekends and lets me work late. BHut cant understand the concept of piling stuff at the top, bottom and on the stairs. I think thatw what half our fights are over.

And she like watergun fights, and dont hide in the house she will spray a hose through the window into the kitchen

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, piles of paper are probably the biggest pet peeve of mine, but I try to bite my tongue and ignore it...70% success rate there...

Water gun fights sounds great... I tie a rubber band around the sprayer hose on the kitchen sink every couple years, and she gets me back by dumping icewater over my head when I'm not looking...

11. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Ditto. Mine cooks great, keeps the house spotless, raises two super kids and one husband:D . Basically June Cleaver on 'roids, but as someone else said, has a mean right hook, and when the time is right, can out drink and out cuss me. Man, she's the greatest:woot:

Good post Ratch, I don't appreciate my wife enough:waytogo:

John

12. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

The hose thing is kind of unfair, she says she can do it because she cleans the house, so I cant, Its kinda like Laos, she can get me but I cant get back.

13. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Great thread Ratch.

My wife is great, we get along well, know each others quirks (we've known each other for 28 or so years), is a lot of fun PLUS: handles the house, the kids, the business and personal accounting.

14. scotto0609

scotto0609 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just a quick observation, Tell your wifes what and how you feel about them instead of each other! Or show them the thread. I'll bet it makes them feel good.

15. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I tell my wife at least once a week how I feel about her and how lucky I am.

16. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'm pretty sure that's the case with most of us or we wouldn't have the relationships we're describing.

17. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My wife kicks ass. Period. I don't know what ever attracted her to my sorry a$$,

18. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

man you guys sound pathetic......how do you think she feels about you?

Stick up for yourselve's, have some balls, tell her how its going to be.

I should know I've been divorced twice:haha: :haha: :haha:

19. 84 K5 4x4

84 K5 4x4 1/2 ton status

Mine is Great My only complaint is she gets mad when i spend $$ on my truck. But I'm working on that............ Hopefully:crazy:

20. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Kim Can is the Queen of Awesome City. I think I've made it clear more than once how much she means to me, and how lucky I feel to know that I'll be spending the ret of my life with her.

Plus she's hot, and looks damn fine in black high-heeled boots. :woot: