Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Isky cam 201278 for a K5 Blazer.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big454blockchevy, Jan 26, 2007.

1. big454blockchevy

big454blockchevy Registered Member Premium Member

The specs are 234@050 106 lsa 278/278 450/450 . Would this be a good cam for my K5 Blazer. I am going to enter some sand drag competitions in about 2 months . The engine I am working on right now is a 350 with about 10.5 cr . I am obviuosly not looking to be the top dog in this comp but just have fun and compete. Vortec heads with a 600cfm holley carb,edelbrock performer rpm manifold ,headers, Th350 trans, 3.73 gears w/33"Bf goodrich all terrains. This 4x4 is somewhat a DD . Thanks

2. WantedaDodge

WantedaDodge 1/2 ton status

Pretty narrow lobe separation angle. Will be peaky, but should make strong power. If it's for dragging it should be fine, but I like a wider LSA. Use to run Narrown LSA cams cause they sound cool and make tons of peak torque, but they don't spread the love to much. I usually run 112s or 114s now. Much better for driving and overall wheeling imho. That's also a fairly low lift cam, which might be good cause I heard Vortech don't allow for much lift. But if I had my choice, I'd run more lift.

Also, do you have a different then stock torque converter? It will feel doggy on the street until it spools up to about 3000 RPM.

3. big454blockchevy

big454blockchevy Registered Member Premium Member

I haven't ordered the stall yet. Will probably go with a Hughes street master(22-2500 stall). The current stall is stock and that wouldn't work with the future cam install range.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  4. WantedaDodge

WantedaDodge 1/2 ton status

yea, a 2200-2500 would probably work fine. I would try to find something a little more modern like a Comp XE 268. You did say this is gonna be a daily driver, and 33s w/ 3.73s isn't the lowest gear ratio. If you can get a good deal on the cam, then I guess go for it.