Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Island lake fishing trip (lots of pics...dial-up beware!)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by tRustyK5, Jan 8, 2006.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Some pic's of a recent trip to Island lake BC at the end of October (OK, somewhat recent :D ) I was there with my buddy Stan (BigDummy89K5) and his friends Mike and Troy.

The lake itself...elevation ~5000 feet acording to my GPS. Not a huge lake, but plenty of rainbow trout. It is all catch and release, fly only with single barbless hook.

[​IMG]

A pic of Troy and Mike trying to retrive the prop that fell off their electric motor. Notice the lack of a prop in the pic...it was in about 6 feet of water on a very silty/muddy bottom.

[​IMG]

After several valiant attempts it was given up as a lost cause and they used the oars to 'troll' for the rest of the trip. :doah:

Here is one of the fish Stan caught...

[​IMG]

Same fish I think...Stan caught 15 of em this trip so I sort of lost track after a while. He definitely had the hot set-up. Mike and I both got skunked, and Troy got 8 IIRC. Near the end of the trip we felt more like Stan's support crew...:bow: :haha:

[​IMG]

The camping spot:

[​IMG]

By the time I left this was under a couple of inches of snow...

Stan's Wall Tent. 12'x18' with bunks, kitchen counter, full size wood stove and metal roof. It's all wood frame and each piece is labelled and screwed together using hangers and brackets. It goes together in about 3 hours, and breaks down small enough to fit in the utility trailer (parked next to the wall tent)

[​IMG]

Another shot...

[​IMG]

tRusty and the 'Big Dummy'...

[​IMG]

Not exactly the Hilton, but pretty damn roomy and comfy for 4 guys inside. Stan added bunk beds this year and is on the top bunk in this pic. The wood stove rocks, but I damn near got cooked alive the first night...

[​IMG]

This lake is above the Highland Copper mine, and this is a shot of the tailing pond from above it.

[​IMG]

The drive home...this is the road heading down into Ashcroft. 11% grade...:eek1:

[​IMG]

For 16 km (10 miles...) :eek1:

[​IMG]

Rene

2. BigDummy89K5

BigDummy89K5 Registered Member Author

Nice job Rene. Next year will be your year, you have to do your time and then and only then will the lake reward you. Next october seems so far away now.

3. tRustyK5

I'll need extra long line...I'll be casting from moab next October. :D

Rene

4. BigDummy89K5

BigDummy89K5 Registered Member Author

I don't see a problem do you,Moab at the beginning of october and fishing at the end.:haha:

5. tRustyK5

Yeah, that'd go over well at work...:doah: Sure would be cool though, of course by the time I got up to Island I'd need to sleep for a week. :crazy:

Rene

6. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

That looks really sweet. Nice wall tent.:D