Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Issue with a modified block similar to a zero rate

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Yukon Jack, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I recently got new 6" front springs so I pulled my old 4" springs off. About 2 years ago and probably only 500 miles ago I added a block similar to the zero rate center bolted block up front. I had mine made with a bit of a taper to them - can't remember the exact amount but it was what is typically used with about a 6" lift. When I pulled the center pin to remove the tapered block I found that the head of driver side center pin was bent slightly. Who knows if it would have ended up breaking. I'm glad I'm back to having no center pinned block up front and just wanted to give a heads up on my finding.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Center pins pretty much break no matter what. On my rear springs with no blocks both heads were sheared off of the locating pins.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hmm never thought about that...im ging to be running some of these blocks with 4" springs up front..will they need to be taperd any? i was thinking i would just attatch plain 1" blocks ot the leaf packs and that be that.

4. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The only reason you would need to taper them si if you needed to correct pinion angle.