Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

it grew 4 inches..............

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kelboski, May 28, 2000.

1. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

my 4'rough counrty susp lift is complete. took me and a friend 4 days on/off, but we finished and it is too sweet, now i need to take the 33's off and get some 35' ssr's! pics come soon, my 84 k5 is getting really cool really fast. my questions are,
    1. i have a little vibration from 1st gear to 2nd(was there before the lift) how do i fix it.........u joints?
    2. what possible complications should i look for due to the 4' lift?
    3. where can i get beefier u joints..........spicers?
    4. what do i need to check after 100 miles or so?
    Thanks in advance......Kelboski

2. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I got a 6" on mine. The vibration is probably the u-joints. You might want to check and see how far the slip yoke is pulled out of the T-case. That will tell you what you need to know about the driveline. About the u-joints, I have Spicers in mine and they seem a little bit better than one's from a parts store. Got mine through our local driveline company. Your brake lines should be fine. I extended mine because of the 6" lift. When you go and check it after 100 miles, check the u-bolts, springs, etc. Just kind of run over what you changed. That's what I did. If you have anymore ?'s let us know. Later

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)[​IMG]

3. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, another thing, don't get the SSR's. Go with the TSL or TSL SX. If you are going to spend the money on the SSR's, why not get a better tire. I know a lot of people that bought the SSR's and ended up with TSL's or the SX's. I have the SX's and love them. Wouldn't ask for a better tire.

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)[​IMG]