Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It happened...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Mar 9, 2001.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I got stuck today...first time. We went out to the mudhole in my friends 2WD s-10 Blazer with bald dtreet tires and started messing around, nothing serious, and got it stuck pretty bad. We got it out by stacking rocks. Then a few Z71s showed up, and we went back to get my truck. When we got back there was a white Jeep there and the Z71s were still there. I flew through some mudhloes with no problem, but then I sank the drivers side up to the bottom of the door and couldn't get out. the Z71s knew they couldn't get me out, but the Jeep guy thought he could. He hooked it up and couldn't budge me. My friend decided to try his Blazer, and after about a minute, he had me out. The 4x4 Jeep with 31" Mud terrains couldn't believe a 2WD S10 with bald street tires beat him. He left really soon after that. Just more proof that Jeeps SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

2. pumpwash

pumpwash Registered Member

c'mon, man, jeeps don't suck. show some love for the other brands..... if you wanna bust on a vehicle, why not a daihatsu, or a pontiac aztek??????

greg

3. Blue85b

Blue85b Registered Member

I'm not gonna say that any brand sucks, but if Jeeps are so good, why is it that the more built a Jeep is, the more Chevy parts it has on it? All the Jeep guys want the 350 SBC, Chevy tranny/T-case and of course, Chevy full-size axles. Why not just start out from the beginning with the ultimate Jeep: a Chevy!

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Try fitting a Blazer or pickup down some of the trails out there... have heard and seen guys losing body parts and coming back w/ nearly every panel bashed. I still hate jeeps... hate that cheap crap more then a ford. No love here... would rather have an Aztek... then you at least have a built in cooler for your beer[​IMG].

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

5. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Hahaha, Diahatsu actually had a pretty sweet little 4x4 for about 10 years from the middle 80's to the middle 90's. Never brought them here, of course[​IMG]. Forgot the name, but I've seen some pictures of them in Austraila and New Zealand, and they look pretty cool and good offroad.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 2.5" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

6. shaneopie

shaneopie 1/2 ton status

Well I am going to say the four letter f word my parents told me never to say. Ford sucks! Thats right I said it! Ford sucks!

7. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

JEEPS SUCK I take my fullsize K5 down dirtbike trails that even little bitty crappy jeeps won't touch and yeah I dont have a straight panal on my K5, but then again its built for function not beauty.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

8. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

Know come one jeeps arnt that bad if we didnt have jeeps around then all we could do is make fun of the ford guys and after awile that gets old so see we need jeeps plus who else would sell all of old trannys and motors to?

Bandit
    (Your right i dont understand the jeepthing)

9. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Come on guys. There's nothing wrong with liking other brands. I like my Chevy, my Ford, my Jeep and my Mercury all about equally. They all have good and bad points, but none of them suck.

10. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I like a lot of different trucks, but I have never really like Jeeps much. The only person I knew who had one rolled it in the mud, and he was a really good off roader too. I do like other trucks, I know several people with awesome Broncos and Dodge Rams, I just prefer Chevy. My friends S10 really amazed me pulling me out when the Jeep couldn't...

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

It ain't what you drive, it's how you drive it!!!

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!

12. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Actually the funny part about that is thta my friend had never driven off road in his life

90K5