Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It has begun.....another SFA thread

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by c_deezy, Jul 26, 2005.

1. c_deezy

c_deezy Newbie

Well I finally got my hydro press rigged up to be able to bend the brackets for the spring hangars. So far this is all I have accomplished. When the brackets are clamped to frame there is a 35.25 inside gap. Where if my math is correct 32" pad width + 1.25(half spring width)*2 + .25 outside bushing width*2 = 35", with .25 inch fudge width. Sound about right?

brackets_front.jpg

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Good luck on your swap, and be sure to keep us updated on your progress :D

:wink1:

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

31.5 is what i was always told for gm axle if thats what you will be puting under. and do your self a big favor 56" rear springs in the front. it helps with axle placement.

i would have mine done but no real energy or time at end of day these past weeks.

good luck.

4. c_deezy

c_deezy Newbie

Well the progress has been coming slow, I have the front brackets done and all the plate cut and bent for the rear's just need to weld them up. Work hasn't been very cooperative tho lately as I've been sent all over the place (in South Dakota currently). However I've had some time to work on my CAD skills and came up with some drawings for the swap brackets. Seeing as I build the brackets before I made the drawings, and the brackets are in Ohio, I had to try and work out the dimensions from memory, I'll be back in Ohio next weekend so I'll double check them and tweak the drawings as necessary. But at any rate these are a pretty good starting point if decide to build your own. Pics can be seen at http://www.geocities.com/bfagina

pass_inside.jpg

pass_render.jpg

end_view.jpg

5. c_deezy

c_deezy Newbie

I whipped up a drawing of the front one as well. I didn't put holes for the bumper bracket bolts because on mine both sides weren't identical or even close to being so, you could put larger than needed holes but it would be better to put the bracket up and drill the holes to match the frame. Same thing with the bolts that go through the tow hook holes, not necessarily the same on every truck. But like I said before I was going off of memory, they should be close and I'll double check it when I get back to Ohio and post revisions. Enjoy! I could bogart the drawings but for as long as it took to do my brackets I have no intention of mass producing them and selling them. So at least if more people get some dimensions they can make their own and not get gouged for so much cheddar :D

http://www.geocities.com/bfagina