Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It IS a 454!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer79, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I'm soooo happy. I just came home with it sitting on my Toyota truck. My girlfriend saw it and was very happy for me. Her comment was "it looks like a whale" LOL. My poor 1/2 ton Totota suspension had a hard time with it, especially handling the curves. I had to drive very slowly. What really shocks me is that this heavy piece of "whale" will be all the time in the Blazer!

The casting number is 14015445 It's a 78-87 454. I'ts described as "two-bolt or four bolt". The Cylinder heads are 14092360 86-88 oval port open chamber "454 truck".

The previous owner suggested I don't spend money on a rebuild now. I can still get many miles from it. I really hope so. I'm gonna pressure wash it, paint it and install it. I'll also buy a new intake to fit my current Edelbrock Q-jet because it has a 2bbl intake.

Does anybody have any A/C brackets? It didn't come with them. Also, does anybody have a diagram on how do the power steering and alternator brackets bolt to the block? The brackets look like pieces from a puzzle laying in the bed of my truck.

Oh God I'm so happy!!! And this is just the start of it. I can't wait to install it.

<font color=blue>//////
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://blazer79.coloradok5.com>http://blazer79.coloradok5.com</A>
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Hey 79
    To cool, ya gotta love a BBC K5.
    [​IMG]
    See ya

my truck's not dirty, it's earth tone paint