Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It just kept going and going!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Apr 20, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I started gutting out the blazer this weekend. I removed all the interior to show the floor boards. I knew the back part by the tailgate was bad and judging by the rest of the truck I should have guessed it was worse than it seemed.
    [​IMG]

Once all the seats where out I started to pick and pry and then started up the vaccum. The more I ran the vaccum the more it crumbled and the worse it got, the more I moved around inside the truck the more fell out from under the truck.
    [​IMG] This was under the truck when I moved it, this pile is about an inch thick.

After it was all said and somewhat-done I ended up with most of the body mounts needing some new sheet metal above them. The mounts are not bad just the metal above them. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    [​IMG]

All in all, its a lot worse than it looked to begin with. by the time I finished up I had to lift the passengers side up while dad closed the tailgate. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Anyone know a good place for body mounts (slip overs)? Also what gauge sheet metal should I use to replace the floor sections above the mounts?
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. VERBAL KINT

VERBAL KINT Registered Member

Also between the inner and outer wheel wells. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hmm that looks familier lol..my blazer has the same sh!t but its actually a lot worse!! to the point that it wasnt worth fixing so thats why i bought my truck..at least you got the tailpan area fixed..thats a good start ....if i were you..id just patch the rear area there...and the front area like in the corners..just cut all the rust away and reiubld it from there..

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Good Lord where did you buy that thing from a salt mine?
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

That sure looks like alot of work to get done before the first weekend of June. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That sure looks like alot of work to get done before the first weekend of June. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't nuttin wrong with rusty wheelin'...just look at mine /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Plus, i don't think he's gonna take one of his own rigs to the BL this time. Something about not wanting to get his pretty show K5 dirty /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't nuttin wrong with rusty wheelin'...just look at mine /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Plus, i don't think he's gonna take one of his own rigs to the BL this time. Something about not wanting to get his pretty show K5 dirty /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

http://php.indiana.edu/~jwreding/k5.html

that is clean for a 75.. you dont even find a 75 over here left, and if you could then it would make yours look like new.
    you should see this 78 scout II out here, the bed sides and cab area and front pillars are so gone that you have to lift door shove pillar forward to get door to open or shut, thats how a few trucks ive come across are if are from here, structurally not integral anymore, they still run and drive and are registerable ~ not safe though

8. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! From Ohio, did you notice on my webpage it use to have a snow plow! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

9. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to try, I might ride along with a buddy thats wanting to go. I would like to drive myself but the front axle is popping and the rear is not even posi.

10. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifpiss-off /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

If I ever find a job I need something to go back and forth /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. Gary 86 K5

Gary 86 K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! From Ohio, did you notice on my webpage it use to have a snow plow! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You should see my floor, its twice as bad as that! Ohio winters here kill everything metal!!! But my bed area is almost mint /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'm gonna start the repair process really soon, wish me luck everyone! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    Ohio winters here kill everything metal!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought it from a guy up by Garrettsville/Aurora, OH /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

13. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

anything up here..i live in rochester and its bad. my "new truck" is an 86 and thats got some rust..im replacing the inner fenders as we speak, needs a new driver door..(got one) and rockers and cab corners. but the floors are in really good shape beleve it or not..and the core supports and all that could be better but there in pretty good shape considering. its nothing major..

14. Gary 86 K5

Gary 86 K5 1/2 ton status

I need to find a digital camera so I can show everyone how bad the floor is. After taking the whole carpet out, I realized that it isnt even worth it to fix. I'm currently looking for a new complete body and floor.

15. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Wow, that hurts! The fenders are actually worse than the bed of my truck.