Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It Lives Again!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Tweetysuarus, May 29, 2002.

1. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I got my Jimmy Running once again with a new crate motor! WooHoo! Now just to finish up the drivelines and bumpers & winch! I'll be close to done! NOT! I'll post some pics soon.

2. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

who did you get your crate through? Out of curiosity what did you pay? I'm getting ready to take mine to the machine shop and wondering if you found a good deal locally?

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You can get a crate 350 from any Chevy dealer for pre 86 motors for $1349.00..That is what I put in my Blue Blazer...Dan

4. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

$1850.00 350 H.O. GM crate motor. Any Chevy dealer. But it sucks ! I gotta do the break in period for 500 miles along with my new gears! Well S--t no fun for me 4 a while!

5. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Yeh Gokarter.. That price has seemed to go up lately! Due to that I decided to build one. Locally I couldn't find one for less than 1600. And shipping one is more once you add shipping. I ended up deciding to build one, I can build it for less than 1500 using all premium parts, and getting the cam, manifold and valve covers I want etc. If anyone needs an engine kit the best prices are at www.arceengines.com I'm getting all silvolite pistons, clevlite bearings, hastings cast rings, felpro gaskets, RV cam, dual roller timing chain, plus all the freeze plugs etc. for $310.00. Shipping is only 15.00. The guy down there I'm ordering from is Dave and he is totally nice. He has answered all my questions and been great to deal with. Unlike what I can say for Summit right now. Summit gave me the run around and then told me that in order to get the Silvolite pistons i wanted it would be 25.00 more per each piston! Anyway.... Hopefully I'll have it all done before Hollister! Right now i just need to drop the block off at the Machine Shop, but Shawn is working in Tahoe till Friday. Prob won't be able to get it there till Monday or Tuesday next week :-(