Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It lives! Finally...lol.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5 NUTT, May 12, 2001.

1. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Well after 3 long days and some late nights after work the 79K5 is finally injected with TBI. Runs sweet. Since i'm gettin married in a couple o weeks it will take me some time but i plan to write a story with pics....and hopefully provide a parts list with cost. Lots o work as i kept the 91 K5 as a theme...from fuel tank to egr she's factory and functional. Should have done this sooner is all i have to say! Lol.

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Congrats on the great TBI achievement, and on that little marriage thing too. lol

[​IMG]

3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Cool. Hope to see it around one of these days. Congratulations on getting married!
    azblazor

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Great job Doug......can't wait to see this beast in AZ some day soon.

D60/14BFF swap next weekend..............if you aren't busy pop up here and help! LOL.................

Getting close to the big day, buddy..............[​IMG]

<font color=orange>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com</A>

5. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Hey doug thought you might want too know I saw a Chalet the other day, I did not get the numbers on it because I was playing a pick-up basketball game and it drove past the court, But now I can vouch for 3 of those critters rolling around somewhere in Washingtn.

[​IMG]

6. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Which one runs that 400 emblem I mailed ya, Doug? Congrats on the project and my condolences on the wedding...LOL!!! Mail me back some AZ. weather!

"Why YES!..the Fast-lane was built just for YOU!! Because we all needed someone to drive slow and screw up traffic!!!!"

7. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Got some pics back from that K5 weekend out here a couple o months back with all the bad press...anyways i got two good shots the 400 emblem you sent me on the chalet...will send them to you tonight after we are done cleanin the house and she lets me back on the box..lol. The 79 got the TBI treatment and the Chalet got the MSD 6AL...hehehe.

Please feel free to remove and transport some of our heat back to Ohio sir!!

DW

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats where are the pics?

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]

9. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Good to hear that it all worked out for you! I'm getting ready to do the same to my '73. Do you have any good tips on how to do the swap?

10. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Jason..since i see you live in good ole cali (born in SoCal) you have to go thru a refere station once you complete the swap due to those wonderful emission laws they have back home. I highly suggest you run the Howell harness...best in the buisness! They also have a brochure geared towards you...Cali and emission law requirments. I used parts from a donor 91 K5...tank...lines..evap can....tbi...egr...engine brackets...fill pipe and hose...late model tank fill hose is 13/4...big stuff. I used a 7747 ecm which was used from 87 to 91 in the K5's....factory tbi spacer..which is also the fresh air breather port....and a 2" spacer to clear my chrome Chevrolet air cleaner with K@N unit. The biggest problem i encountered was the 4 middle bolt holes on the tbi intake manifold...it'll take some carbide burrs...a bar of soap...(didn't have any beeswax ava) and a couple of hours fit time to properly hog out the holes to adapt to the early model 350 heads. the harness ran me $325 from Howell...the tbi was $50 in the boneyard...the tank was provided from a CK5 member at a good price ( new baffled tank is over $300 new)...bit the bullet and bought a new tank sender for $200 at GM...the list is alot longer and next month after i get my wedding out of the way i plan to take a few more pics and compile the part numbers i used and approx pricing along with a story. Just email for specifics...

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

11. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

AZBLAZER, thanks for the info. I'm actually swapping the complete engine/TH-400/NP241 combo (I rescued them from a Toyota pickup!), so some of it might be a little easier for me. Since I have a '73, it's smog exempt here in Ca so I don't have to worry about the referee station either.

12. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Jason,
    That is a lot of work for a 73 but it will run better and get good
    gas mileage to pay off in the long-run.
    And one of my vette magazines referred to an article on revamping emisions laws back to 66. Haven't looked into it tho.
    Dave

13. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

There are a few proposals to change the laws right now. The only one that has much of a chance would freeze the exemption year at '75 instead of the "rolling" law that we have now.