Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

IT LIVES!!!! Yeah-Haw!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BadDog, Dec 23, 2001.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Well, I have been busy with Family and Christmas stuff since my last flurry of wiring related posts. I basically got the rewiring done (rear chassis harness is not the same as civi on CUCV) and that was it until today. Today I put 5 gallons of gas in the tank, topped off the various fluids, one last check (of wires, plugs, couplings, and hoses), dropped some wires down to the battery (not yet mounted in the bed) and reached for the key.

Turned over about 4 times, coughed, belched up a bunch of smoke (oil in the cylinders from storage), and settled down to a fast idle. I let it run for a few minutes to clean up the cylinders and shut her down.

Next, finish the exhaust, mount the battery, finish the radiator mounting, and figure out why it is idling fast (I think the ECM is confused by something). Then I'm on to more interesting things like lift and tires. Yeah-haw! (I'm from AL)

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Good for you, makes me envious, I haven't heard the thing start for over a year!

<font color=blue>Wow factors
    A SBC (4" X 3.48") with 2" intake-valve at 6,000 RPMs:
    1- The piston reaches a maximum speed of 60 MPH

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

What kinda body configuration are you going with? Cab and flat bed, shortened bed or Blazer body? Anyways, congrats!!! Early Christmas present to yourself!![​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

For now it will probably be no front fenders, hood latched to core support with nothing in front of it. For now I'll use the cab as it is (maybe without doors) and no bed.

My next goal is to get some big tires and a lift under it. I need to get that so I can see what needs to happen with the body. Where the core support and firewall need to be modified, that sort of thing. I may even need to move the cab back if I can find some 44s (or definitely if I go with the 48s). If I don't move the cab back, I may cut my fenders like moneypit, or I may sell them. They are brand new GM fenders and I hate to cut them up just to bang them up. If the cab moves, hood and fenders are obviously out. I'll make a buggy type front end in that case. I may also cut away most of the cab (using the fire wall and floor) and build a cage/body around that. Or, maybe weld the bed (cut down) into the cab (top and back cut out) to make a sort of Blazer with big "door" opening to allow easier rear access. So many options, not sure what will come out of it. Just sort of playing it by ear for now. I'll wait till more of the variables are nailed down before I make a decision.

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.